The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 2nd, 2017 at 02:14 pm
An interview with Mother Sheehan:
Q: You feel like you were mistreated by the press?
A: They got hold of everything I’ve ever said and scrutinized it so carefully. They never scrutinized what Bush said. No one said, “Why did you lie to the American people and say there was WMD?”
Why did she lie to the American people and say there was a plastic turkey?
- So moonbat Cindy thinks the media has a right-wing bias. And some of our friendly local far-right think the media is biased to the left. Since it’s upsetting both extremes, maybe the media isn’t too far off track.Posted by slammer on 2005 12 22 at 06:07 AM • permalink
- What kind of insane argument is that? Look at it in the context of global warming. You’ve got your Greenpeace saying the world’s going to end tomorrow and your right-wing maniacs saying climate change doesn’t exist. I bet you think the scientists in the middle with actual evidence and stuff might be right all along?! My god, that’s not crazy – that’s revolutionary!!
The turkey was plastic by the way.
- These people exist on another planet. If the West told lies about WMD, then every single defence lawyer who has ever backed their client’s unsuccessful “not guilty” plea has committed purjury.
Every single weather person who has predicted sunshine for the following day only to be proven wrong because of rain has also lied to the community.
These morons never stop to comprehend the fallacies of the rhetoric they espouse.
- No WMD?
Funny how buried stuff keeps turning up, though.
Can’t help but wonder how much more is buried, or went over a border – like the bulk of the Iraqi Air Force going to Iran during the Gulf War.
Anyway, you know what they say about men with tiny little minds……
They have tiny little feet?Posted by Rob Crawford on 2005 12 22 at 08:28 AM • permalink
- The turkey was plastic by the way.
Attention-seeking trolls: “Messages containing an obvious flaw or error: ‘I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is Roman Polanski’s best movie.’”Posted by Bruce Rheinstein on 2005 12 22 at 08:38 AM • permalink
- Michelle Malkin cuts deep when she says Poor Cindy Sheehan…
- I believe Mr. Bush has only been asked about the WMD claim about 1,454,875 times. Of course, he had all those reporters thrown in the concentration camps.Posted by Monroe Doctrine on 2005 12 22 at 10:45 AM • permalink
- Hi, #2 Chimpy (the favorite leftoid nickname), can’t stick to the subject again, ignoring St. Cindy’s whining while flitting to global warming. Again you proclaim as fact without producing evidence. Only those with credibility might get away with that, but your credibility is nil. Let’s test your credibility with some historical facts. On another thread, #28 you wrote, “Sure, Bush may have lost the war in Iraq, destroyed the economy and screwed up the Katrina response” without producing a single fact. I responded, “a)Iraq just had the first real democratic election in the middle east, Sadass is in the docks, barely a ripple from the terrorists during the election, the rate of American casualties is down 80% while that of the insurgents is up 200%, the infrastructure of Iraq is improving daily, schools have been open for over 1.5 years, etc., etc, etc. No defeat here except in your brain.
b) The USA economy, 4% increase last month, over the year beats every European country, increase of 250,000 jobs last month and I believe a million over the year. (I’’’’m not sure of that.)
c) Katrina. You are one ignoramus Chimpy. You have no idea of how the Federal System works. The facts are these: The first responder is the Mayor, who failed to follow the evacuation plan, in fact he failed to do ANYTHING except shoot his mouth off. Those of us who have lived in New Orleans for a long time are not surprised. As news reports, buried in the back of the MSM, verify, the President of the USA does not have the authority to act in a state without the permission of the Governor of the state. Bush implored Gov. Banco of LA, a dimwit which makes her fellow imbecile Democrats look like Eiensteins, refused to act and refused permission for Bush to send in troops until it was too late. I’m sure facts will not move you as you are more invested in your fantasies than in reality.”
In fact, my response did move you to nearly wet your pants. On another thread you wrote “…You guys are the best. And funny too, just like I knew righties always were. Some guy on another thread tried explaining how Bush was winning the war in Iraq. That bought up a smile. Then he went on about Bush strengthening the economy. Bit of a chuckle by this stage. And finally, he explained it wasn’t Bush’s fault that the response to Katrina was so poor. By this stage I was rolling on the floor near wetting myself.”
Not one fact to support your inane attempt at sarcasm. And now your holding tight to the left lie passant, the plastic erectile turkey. Not surprising that you hold this idol sacred despite the fact that all those who were there, when interviewed by the press (which interviews you will find buried in the back pages of the MSM), never complained about the plasticity of the sauce. We must dub you “No Facts Chimpy”.
By the way, what makes you think I’m a guy?
- #1 slammer, I passed by your remark as hardly worth noting, but it appears Chimpy #2 exults in it, which made me stop to consider that there must be something deeply and disturbingly wrong with it. So what do we know? St. Cindy considers the US media to be “right wing”. And you assert that “some of our friendly local far-right think the media is biased to the left.” And so you conclude “Since it’s upsetting both extremes, maybe the media isn’t too far off track.” But this assumes that those who are neither “right or left wing” feel that the media “is not too far off the track” That is not so. A recent survey (google it) by a number of well established private and university survey groups have established a strongly left bias in US newspaper and TV reporting. (Surprisingly, the WallStreet Journal reporting, not its editorail stance, was found to be the most “liberal”, but the usual supsevts were right at the top, NYT, Wash. Pos, etc.)
- You tell ‘em, Stats! But don’t hold your breath waiting for these intellectual midgets to produce facts. The unthinking left, which seems to have metastasized to the point of rendering the Democratric Party, American liberalism, and socialism, in general, wholly irrelevant, is limited to producing bumper-sticker manifestos rooted largely in fantasy – and, increasingly, in psychosis, as well.
- Finally on St. Cindy: “They got hold of everything I’ve ever said and scrutinized it so carefully. They never scrutinized what Bush said.”
I can only conclude that she is a pathological lying dimwit or she can’t read and does not have a televisions set. She is also a constant whiner, during Katrina she complained that the press was too concentrated on the winds, and not on her. Even the lefty Kos complained about her on that one. She is also simply nuts, exhorting the US troops to get out of “occupied New Orleans” after Katrina.
#20 bc, The Saudi and Soros funded groups like ANSWER, et al have loads of money to burn. Also supplying fumds are the ice-cream makers Ben and Jerry, who supplied the communications trucks and trailers in St. Cidy’s trek to Crawford, Texas. You would think that with all their dough they could get a better spokesperson than a media craving, unfeeling psychotic who has no problem posing on her sons grave to sell magazines. The thing is, they couldn’t find another family with a hero son who would take part in their attempts to hand the world over to the Islamo-fascists.
- ‘No one said, “Why did you lie to the American people and say there was WMD?”’
I’m almost sure I heard that somewhere before.Posted by IcallMasICM on 2005 12 22 at 01:25 PM • permalink
“Look at it in the context of global warming. You’ve got your Greenpeace saying the world’s going to end tomorrow and your right-wing maniacs saying climate change doesn’t exist.”—champy
The rightwing doesn’t take the position that global warming/change doesn’t exist. We take the position that no one knows. We believe the better solution is to expend effort on researching the issue and into possible solutions that do not involve eliminating trillions of dollars in economic growth and jobs and well being for millions.
We want a good plan. Not a plan that only brings nice fuzzy wuzzy feelings about ourselves.Posted by wronwright on 2005 12 22 at 02:43 PM • permalink
- #23 Wronwright
Some of us RWDBs, especially those of us in Canada, believe that if it is possible for human activity to create global warming, then we have a fucking moral obligation to maximize the effect.
We have human rights too, you know.Posted by Jack from Montreal on 2005 12 22 at 03:16 PM • permalink
- Optimist Dave
Seriously, Champy, what do you mean by this? Straight reply, please.
Ha! As if!
If he had a straight reply, he wouldn’t be a troll, now would he?Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2005 12 22 at 03:56 PM • permalink
- Jack from Montreal has a very strong point. The northern latitudes would benefit greatly from global warming. Generally, global warming raises the overnight lows (it doesn’t just get hotter at noon), an important aspect of it (if it’s truly global, which no one really knows at this point). It would warm the ground and allow for greater wheat harvests in Canada and Russia for starters – more food for deveoping nations. If the early Holocene Climatic Optimum (we are still living in the Holocene) was 1 to 2 degress C warmer than today, and it corresponds to an increase in human activity, i.e., a sudden spurt in growth and expansion of civilization, the creating of the first towns (in Anatolia), the spreading and evolving of human culture, etc., then warming would seem to be good, unless you hate humanity (could that be behind any of the environmental movement’s agenda in the first place? Nah.). The interglacial we are in may not be over yet. We probably have a couple of degrees yet to go before sinking into the next ice age.
- Poor champy! From clever and even fitfully funny back to being called out on his assumptions again and even accused of trolldom in how long, three, four days? Wow. Honeymoon’s over. The old “reef busting-Club Med building” champy is gone. I am guilty of boosting him a bit myself. That’s the last time I ever do that. Thanks, champy. My credibility as a true RWDB is in tatters.
- #17: It isn’t polite to confuse leftists with facts.
#21: pathological lying dimwit is the correct answer.
Has there ever been anyone treated with more deference by the media than Cindy Sheehan? Lefties have this delusion that if only their message could be heard by the people instead of being repressed by the media, that everyone would think their way. The fact is the media bombards us daily with the leftist agenda, but fewer people are buying it, thanks to the end of the media information monopoly brought about by the internet.
- In the same News-Weak story quoted by Tim Blair:
Q. What’s next for you?
A.I’m working on a book about Casey’s story. It’s about how one person can make a difference.
Is she talking about herslf or her hero son making a difference. Oh, how stupid of me. It’s all about St. Herself, of course. It can’t be about Casey, who sacrificed all in the battle for freedom against the Islamo-fascists. After all, it was his fault he was killed by them and not theirs. She made that clear in apologizing to the terrorists for having had her son stand in their way.
From photos of her book signing, it appears that only two books were sold, and that by the two MSM cameramen who attended.
Anyway, she has made a difference to her family who have, in various ways, publicly disowned her.
- Dave S, Sorry man, getting bored. Too much:
#1 Lefties are bad!
#2 Yeh…right on, brother! Moonbats
#3 Moonbat troll moonbat
#4 Troll troll troll
Honestly couldn’t care in the slightest whether the turkey was plastic or not. You righties seem rather hung up on that one though. I guess it is more important than all that other war stuff. Hearts and minds. But come on – it’s more fun to have someone to abuse isn’t it?
Interesting though that the turkey thing is all Tim can bring up against Sheehan. I had previously thought she was some crazy who was even less interesting than Stats. Might take some notice now.
#23 Sort of agree, wronwright. I think it’s better to admit global warming is happening and we’re all going to die. Then do absolutely nothing about it. I found when I used to live in Israel that that feeling makes for a pretty good nightlife.
#17 Stats, as soon as I saw your name I new this was going to be some funny shit. This time I came prepared with incontinence pads just in case. And I wasn’t disappointed. Accused by a right-wing maniac of non-PC language (chest puffs out with pride). But you win, you are now Stats – person of indeterminate gender. Well done! Also, henceforth I shall now use “persons – male and/or female” instead of guys.
- I say, keeping talking St. Ditch! As loudly and as often as possible. You’re doing the antiwar movement a worrrrrld of good! [/only partyly sarcasm. She’s certainly showing their true colors.]
If anyone has the slightest tendril of doubt about her pathological need for attention, they only have to look at those two pictures of her, clasping wooden doves and posing on her son’s grave.
- #34 Er Champy – you were the one that said the turkey was plastic.
And why won’t you answer the polite gentlemen when they ask you a question.
You are rude and ill-mannered.
—NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 12 22 at 07:55 PM • permalink
Small footed? My feet are a perfectly average size thank you very much and look perfectly fabulous in these.
—NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 12 22 at 08:11 PM • permalink
- Very unpleasant to see Chimpy frothing at the mouth. But such is his response to facts that make his posting look like they were constructed by a student of “St. Cindy Imbecility U.”. On the other hand, better than having him wet his pants. It’s clear he doesn’t know how to read a post, as he appears to claim that wronwright agreed that global warming is happening. He doesn’t know how to write one either, as he’s the one who made the claim of the “Leftoid turkey”, not supplying any evidence to support his claim, and then attacks those for answering the charge simply because they answered it, still not supplying any evidence to support his claim. But is it not the case with Lefties? They want to make accusations (Bush chimpyhitlerbloodfor oilchildkillerpedophile…) but then when confronted by contrary facts fall back on various kinds of name calling and changing the subject (you doubt my patriotism, McCarthy Bastard, right-wing maniac, well, you favor of global warming, etc., etc)
You still haven’t answered the polite gentleman’s question.
I find it interesting you once lived in Israel. Been kicked out or laughed out? My own extensive experience in Israel tells me the Isrealis would have little tolerance for you, since they are most realistic and not prone to have much use for the delusional.
- #41 Righties are certainly funnier
We certainly do have a greater sense of humour – after all you’re still here aren’t you?
—NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 12 22 at 08:53 PM • permalink
But even with my undoubted talent I can’t think of anway that Cindy Sheehan can be made to not look like a goose. I tried but have to admit failure.
Maybe not a goose, a plastic turkey perhaps?
—NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 12 22 at 09:08 PM • permalink
- #44, Chimpy, sure is weird that a guy(?) like you without cajones can boast of being loved by “lady folk”. From the evidence, you have all the charm of a herpies virus and the sense of humor of a depressed undertaker.
I bet the ladies of the Holy Land find your spelling somewhat off-putting. The correct spelling is “Israelis”, not “Israelies”. As for your #47, all you have proven is that arrogance mixed with stupidity is a dangerous mixture.
- What do you think you achieved in Crawford?
We brought the war into the forefront of American consciousness and started the discussion that should have started before the war. The mood in our country is turning around.
Holy bizzaro-world! Each of the three points she offers within that answer, directly oppose reality.
The war wasnt in the forefront of our consciousness before her stalk began?
There was no discussion before the March 03’ invasion? Please.
Ok, maybe she’s right that the public’s mood is turning, just not in the way she thinks/hopes.
Can we please start ignoring her now?
- Mother Sheehan really is self-obsessed. She has obviously managed to read everything ever written about her, but ran out of time to read the daily analysis of pretty much every word that Bush has ever said (with many of his best efforts being thrown up for continual re-runs), and she has even managed to miss the WMD “question” having been raised approx 6875 million times – the count up until last Thursday.
- Please, let us hear no more of her. Let her loose in the wild if not for her sake at least for humnaity’s. If Chimpy finds her crazy, she must be beyond deranged. Let this be her media epitaph:
Madre Sheehan who lost a courageous son, abandoned her remaining children, whose ex-husband went off to find sane companionship, (AND WHOM THE MSM HAS FAILED TO BOTHER TO FIND OUT HIS, THE FATHER’S,VIEWS ON THE DEATH OF HIS SON) whose family distanced itself from her, but found it was worth it for she found the love and admiration of Putz Galloway, Ramsey Clark John Conyers, Cynthia McKinney, David Duke, the Communists, Islamo-Fascists, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and other ambulance chasers and felons of all types, and most of all of the corrupt MSM, which brought her celebrity and money which she found sufficed to justify defecating on her sons memory, here she now lies in the MSM dead files, her last hope for attention is to camp at the Pearly Gates to demand that the Angels stop occupying Heaven and let the Suicide Bombers in..
- slammer, I passed by your remark as hardly worth noting, but…
Wow, stats, I’m honoured you should give my humble remark a second look. Self-importance aside, that Pew survey is interesting, and perhaps you should read the whole thing, not just the bits cherry-picked by “conservative watchdogs” like the MRC.
- Here’s an offer to the world public. We evil RWDB will contain to pay attention to “mother” Sheehan so you don’t have to.
Bet it will be accepted by acclamation?
And how is her inspirational book selling?Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 12 23 at 11:20 AM • permalink
- Triticale—Air Force One features copious storage for Giant Plastic Turkeys (it used to be Reagan’s jellybean locker) along with secure storage for the nuclear go codes, cryogenic storage for several clueless interns with low self esteem, and a large supply of lumber and nails, in case Day Laborer in Chief Carter ever boards again.Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 12 23 at 11:23 AM • permalink
- Ever notice how Champy hijacks a thread by throwing out some lefty talking point and then making light of it in subsequent posts? We end up talking about Champy instead. Nice bait and switch tactic, Champy old sod.
crash, Thomas Nast is credited with creating our modern-day image of Santa Claus, back during the American Civil War, along with Clement Moore, who wrote “T’was The Night Before Christmas”.
- #61 slammer:Your remark was not humble, do not give yourself such credit. It was suffused with the callow self-importance of a high school freshman who has just thought he has discovered the overwhelming logical argument to finish off further debate of the question under discussion. You attempt to show us (#1)that “the media isn’t too far off track”, by which you mean, I suppose, that the MSM is “fair and balanced”. And what is your argument? Why St. Cindy, who even Chimpy thinks is nuts, and whose opinion has no weight at all, considers the media to be “right” biased, and extremists, unnamed, consider the media to be “left” biased. And so the conclusion is that the media must be “balanced”. I sure would hate to go into your shop and have something weighed using your scales. No weight on the “right”, unknown weight on the “left”, and your scales are balanced. Problem is, your logic is not. And you expect me to believe that you can read the results of a survey and understand them?
- #67 RebeccaH: Quite right. We wind up discussing him because his response to any substantive answer to his “bumper sticker” rhetoric is to talk about himself. His finely honed debating skills, of which he boasts in #47, are used to extol his fantasy sex life (#44), instead of responding to the issues at hand. I suggest we ignore him in the future.
- #59: How’s this for her media epitaph:
Madre Cindy who lost a courageous son, abandoned her family and found love in the arms of Putz Galloway, Ramsey Clark, Jesse Jackson, et al and fame and wealth by posing on her sons grave to sell magazines, now lies in the MSM dead files- her spirit camps at the Pearly Gates to demand that the Angels stop occupying Heaven and let the Suicide Bombers in.
- Oh Staty Stats, you’ve disappointed me with #71. When you try to be funny it just kinda falls flat. I’m kind of rethinking my white Dave Chapelle thing. #42, #51 and #69 were works of genius though.
But fear not – when I extol the truth, as I always do, there will always be some right-wing maniac who will bite. I’ll be around a little longer.
My work in this thread is done.
Frothin’ GonadLite attention-seeking Chimpy
- champy and his factotum, slammer, really are becoming tiresome. They do not add substantively to the ongoing debate, they simply make little comments that they think are terribly pointed and davastating, I guess because of their sarcastic tenor, certainly not because of their content. There is never one single fact presented which would further illuminate the subject. They just drop little high schoolish remarks, but these glancing blows mean nothing, they’re devoid of anything pertinent to the subject at hand except a snide, leftish squawk meant to disparage the right’s position. But nothing material. champy’s one clever entry, about the reef, seems to have been a one-off. I admit to having rather enjoying him at one point, but I think we’ve taught him about all we can at this point. Now he’s a bore, like a yappy dog or a kid at a grownup party, underfoot and too noisy. I withdraw any support I may have given him in the past. Now, I think, he’s just taking up too much bandwidth.
- I generally skip over champy—said posts are not worth the effort to read.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 12 23 at 07:31 PM • permalink