The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 05:21 am
Mother Sheehan wants someone to blame for everything:
“We need to bring our troops home immediately,” Sheehan told the crowd. “We need to hold someone responsible for all the death and destruction in the world. We need to see George Bush and the rest of them tried for crimes against humanity.”
Celebrate Chimpeachler W. Katrinaburton’s responsibility for all the death and destruction in the world with this charming coffee mug. It has a puppy on it! A doomed puppy. Buy it! Meanwhile, Sheehan’s message doesn’t seem to have reached the despairing folks in Afghanistan and Iraq:
Iraqis and Afghans are among the most optimistic people in the world when it comes to their economic future, a new survey for the BBC suggests …
In Afghanistan, 70% say their own circumstances are improving, and 57% believe that the country overall is on the way up.
In Iraq, 65% believe their personal life is getting better, and 56% are upbeat about the country’s economy.
And while you anti-globos are thinking about that, think about this:
The World Bank gets a clear vote of confidence, with 55% saying it has a positive influence in the world.
Its biggest boosters are in regions where it is most active.
Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Indonesia and Afghanistan showed marked support for the World Bank …
Someone tell these idiots.
- Media Whore Sheehan still using her brave sons sacrifice for his country to get her rocks off? Why doesn’t the MSM urge her to go to Iraq to shreik her message to the Coalition troops and the Iraquis who suffered under the Sadammites? Perhaps she and they are afraid she’ll never make it out of Iraq in one piece to return to the country she hates.Posted by stats on 2006 01 25 at 12:10 PM • permalink
- H.L. Mencken once said that “nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public”. Well, considering the fact that (a) the MSM continues to consider as newsworthy the noises made by this whoopee cushion of the political Left, and (b) circulation and stock prices are dropping for some of the bigger news outlets in this country, I think it’s possible that Mencken’s thesis is being challenged.
- Why is it that ONLY democratically elected politicians are responsible for all the death and destruction in the world?Posted by WeekByWeek on 2006 01 25 at 01:20 PM • permalink
- “Daniel Poppe, a 27-year-old German activist, said he believes in Chavez but felt uncomfortable about the truck and the slogans. “I don’t like nationalist propaganda,” said Poppe, who wore a red Che Guevara T-shirt.”
Who was it – Mark Twain, maybe? – who said “Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.”
- dazed, it was Karl who said that in response to some of my “plausibly deniable excuses” for various, er, mishaps (e.g., transporting Russian lake to 5000 BC Mesopotamia, weather machine miscalibration, A-Team Russian killer squirrels going amok, Mars global warming, a few others).
He’s right of course.Posted by wronwright on 2006 01 25 at 03:09 PM • permalink
- mother sheehan must be watching Mr. Murdochs, Fox News…Fair and Balanced…for this she clucked…CINDY SHEEHAN says that Clinton killed more Iraqis than Bush.
And like InstaPundit,
I wonder how widely reported this will be.
- “We need to hold someone responsible for all the death and destruction in the world.
This sentence right here illustrates all that is wrong with the “reality-based” community. They are unable to face the fact that sometimes bad things happen without anyone being to blame (i.e., Katrina). And when there is someone to blame (i.e., Islamic terrorism), they don’t want to blame those guilty parties who will be most likely to come after them. Marshmallows have more spine.
- SOMEONE TELL THESE IDIOTS…
I’ve been trying to tell the idiots at the ABC this kind of thing for years, on their program websites. Unfortunately, the defenders of diverse opinion, dissent and the opponents of censorship there keep CENSORING me! Go figure!
THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR PART TO SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS TIM!
- You know, I wonder if Mother Sheehan has taken the time to grieve or whether she’s too busy chasing publicity and trying to avoid the pain by making silly statements.Posted by Major Anya on 2006 01 25 at 09:05 PM • permalink
- A poll released yesterday showed that “Landslide Hillary” would get just 16% of the Presidential vote if elections were held today.
These people are so far out of touch, and have been listening to each other for so long, that I don’t think they realize their ivory towers are being bricked up from the outside, now…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 01 25 at 11:35 PM • permalink
- I don’t think they realize their ivory towers are being bricked up from the outside, now…
Great, now I have an image of lefty academics as a latter-day Rapunzel in my mind. Of course, their buddy, the Muslim prince won’t be able to free them, what with the dangerous hair rays and all…
- Major Anya, I used to think Sheehan was simply deranged by grief, but the longer she’s been onstage the harder it has become for me to avoid the ugly thought that the best thing that ever happened to her was her son dying.
This pathetic woman’s disintegration has, of course, been brought to us all by the caring folks on the left, for whom no human life is worth anything except symbolically.Posted by Steve Skubinna on 2006 01 26 at 02:50 AM • permalink
- Followed the link to the BBC article on perceptions of economic outlook. There were a number of countries where there weren’t any 2004 base line figures to work off. 37,573 people in 32 countries were surveyed. I hadn’t heard of Globescan/PIPA so did some googling
The Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) studies public opinion on international issues. PIPA is a joint program of the Center on Policy Attitudes (COPA) and the Center for International and Security Studies at Maryland (CISSM), University of Maryland. I wasn’t able to access the individual reports online – you need to request they be sent to you. As with any survey, it would be interesting to see the methodology. Certain socio-economic groups in any country would have a different outlook which could skew results.
There can be no doubt that the people of Afghanistan are more optimistic on their countries’economic outlook. Having finally gotten rid of the ultra-conservative and theocratic Taliban, they now have the opportunity for real foreign investment. I know that there were talks with US officials while the Taliban were in power, however now I think everything will be without the impediments to the free market economy that dealings with some theocracies bring. I just hope the heroin production slows down again some time soon.
- Cindy Sheehan nominates Bill Clinton for blame.
And about Bill Clinton . . . . You know, I really think he should have been impeached, but not for a blow job. His policies are responsible for killing more Iraqis that George Bush.
(hattip to Instapundit)
- Bush is merely the current figure head/dummy with somebodies hand up his fundement. Just watching the most powerful entity in the history of the world, without actually listening to his painful drivel, is frightening/illuminating. This man couldn’t find his arse with both hands tied behind his back.. How could he come up with something like the plan to invade Iraq… Hhmmm .. On second thoughts…
If you have even a passing awareness of the history of US “foreign policy in action” over the last say, 100 years to the present day (starting with the invasion of the Phillipines) and the interests that drove it, you would understand what Cindy Sheehan is trying to say.
Given the enourmous forces of the spineless, captive US media that are lined up against her, her couragous efforts and progress so far is nothing short of phenomenal.
In her simple speech and message, she throws the bilious pretentious pap of the White house talking heads into stark contrast.
Some of the resulting heroic, anonymous and spiteful slurs aimed at a woman who wants to see an end to killing would indicate what a sicko crew infests this Blair blokes poison posting web..
- Given the enourmous forces of the spineless, captive US media that are lined up against [Cindy Sheehan]
If I were you, I’d decrease my daily dosis of psychotropic drugs, stat. You actually seem to believe that the US media isn’t on Sheehan’s side. Or maybe that was supposed to be parody. In that case, well done!
- Am I the only one that finds it odd that with more than 2000 deaths in Iraq only one mother finds it necessary to make a spectacle of herself on camera every chance she gets? Is the argument of the Left (and MoDo—re: moral authority) that the other mothers don’t really care about their sons and daughters who died?
As for Mother Sheehan, if you don’t want to get bopped, don’t popup like Whack-a-Mole on tv all the time. I’ll let her grieve idiotically in private all she likes and leave her totally alone.
I’m assuming cor_uncle takes the position in that post because Mother Sheehan’s loony ravings themselves are unsupportable. Must suck to be a Lefty and have no better representation of your positions that Moonbat Sheehan. (cor, why don’t you ask her family what they think about her? hmmmmm?)Posted by JorgXMcKie on 2006 01 27 at 01:22 PM • permalink
- Cindy Sheehan “US out of occupied New Orleans.”
Yeah cor, that makes lots of sense. Sorry we don’t have Ben Butler to command the occupation anymore, but maybe Bush can find another Democratic general who is equally obnoxious.
Spare us the shallow cliches of vulgar Marxism. I’m sorry the Bush Administration’s strategy and policies are too sophisticated, farsighted, and subtle for you to comprehend, but that’s hardly Bush’s fault.Posted by Michael Lonie on 2006 01 28 at 02:31 AM • permalink
- Somebody seriously is proposing that mainstream media is NOT coddling, promoting, and sheltering Saint Cindy? Wow. Here’s how you check: Can you recall ANY Cindy sound-bites more than two sentences long? More than five seconds long? Can you recall any broadcast media coverage of her hilarious U.S.-out-of-occupied-New-Orleans whine? Can you recall any mainstream coverage of the anti-Cindy demonstrations by equally-bereaved pro-Iraq-war military families? Do you remember the cherry-picked photos of that stupid damn “book signing”?
Saint Cindy is getting the kid gloves treatment from the main media, and it’s pretty damn obvious, too.Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2006 01 28 at 05:16 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.