The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:31 am
Mark Steyn – arriving in Australia shortly – on freelance jihadism:
Here we go again. This time, it’s a fatal shooting at a Jewish organization in Seattle, but to the authorities it’s yet another inexplicable incident characterized every which way except as what it is: freelance jihadism. My radio pal Hugh Hewitt has a great summation here. One is surprised only that this time the cops didn’t redeploy the Mounties’ line from Toronto the other week and describe the killer as representing the “broad strata” of society. The notion that a fellow isn’t a terrorist unless he’s got a machine-readable al-Qaeda membership card is pathetic: The fact that you don’t need deep sleepers controlled by hierarchical structures is one of the principal characteristics of Islamism.
See also Michelle Malkin’s roundup of random unconnected lone gunman incidents that have no common theme, no common theme at all that anybody could possibly identify. Meanwhile, a disproportionate response in Sydney:
A synagogue in Sydney’s west has been attacked overnight, with blocks of concrete thrown into the building and onto nearby cars.
A 32-year-old man living in a house adjoining the Parramatta Synagogue on Victoria Street contacted police about 9.10pm yesterday when he heard the sound of breaking glass.
A block of cement had been thrown through a glass door and the windows of two cars parked on the property had also been smashed.
Shortly after the incident, witnesses told police they saw a group of about ten men of Middle Eastern appearance laughing and running down a nearby street.
These smash-and-run pixies are learning; the last time they tried something like this, St Andrew’s Cathedral ended up getting trashed.
UPDATE. The Sheikh’s take:
Sheikh Taj Aldin al-Hilali today said those responsible for the attack were not religious people.
“This is a very bad action. I condemn any terrorism attack. Australia is the land of peace,” he said at Sydney’s Lakemba mosque.
UPDATE II. The LA Times just can’t work out why that Muslim guy shot at all those Jews.
UPDATE III. Seattle shooter Naveed Haq converted to Christianity before his apparent re-adoption of Islam last Friday:
Haq was frustrated at his lack of friends and female companionship. He told friends he felt alienated from his own family, in part because his career had disappointed his father and also because he had disavowed Islam last year, converting to Christianity.
Also from the above report: Haq recently won an essay contest for a U.S. Institute of Peace scholarship.
- I hope when they arrest the Jewhating perpetrators, the Police aren’t ‘disproportionate’…Posted by Dan Lewis on 2006 07 30 at 10:10 PM • permalink
- “apparently has a history of mental illness”
Careful…certain elements might find that offensive, because obviously to refer to some one with a Middle east sounding name MUST mean that you are taking a swipe at the religion of peace….(That would Islam by the way)Posted by The Big Fish on 2006 07 30 at 10:18 PM • permalink
- Just heard on radio a Times of London correspondent describe the Cana deaths as a ‘massacre’ three times – not challenged once by the ABC interviewer.
Massacre means indiscriminate, deliberate and intentional killing.
ABC is now interviewing at length an Israeli woman activist who is not in favour of the offensive because ‘it will not achieve anything’ and who convinced the Israelis to pull out of Lebanon in 2000!
Nice ‘balance’ ABC!
- The LA Times is baffled – baffled, I say – as to the motive of the Seattle Jew-shooter. Here’s a comment I left at the link:
You people are totally missing the point. See this:
“Some speculated he might have sought to cloak an animus toward women by acting as a self-appointed warrior against Israel or against Jews.”
What the Times is telling us is that he was a testosterone-addled heterosexual male who felt threatened by strong, confident women, and responded with predictable anti-feminist male violence. Got it?
- Didn’t they pay any attention to what the murderer actually said? I suppose that would bre too much like a fact. Can’t sully the news reporting with those, can we?Posted by Michael Lonie on 2006 07 30 at 11:26 PM • permalink
- Does anyone know Steyn’s itinerary of appearances in Australia? Surely he can’t be here just for one speech, can he?Posted by Stone Cold on 2006 07 31 at 12:27 AM • permalink
- its amazing eh, how the leftie half wits completely ignore anything these murderers say and just impose their own pet hates as being the motives of these people…
bin laden is all driven by poverty and despair at US/CIA imperalist aggression, same as the bali bombers.. disregard anything they have claimed, we know the truth…
incredible… these people are master propagandists, and even more talented liars and distorters…
although the guy was probably obsessed with a hatred of confident women and a hatred of jews, so it was a perfect opportunity to take out his obsessions at the same time… and he’s so manly to go after females as well, although what would u expect from cowardly scum like this….
- More Western delusions, these people cant bring us down, only we can do that, and were making a good job of it at the moment, i just wonder what it will take for the penny to finally drop, but this is typical muslim behaviour, they attack then cry like babys when a bit comes back at them, the west needs to grow a pair and soon.
- My vision might be deceiving me, but perusing the research staff page, I’m going to point out that Ms. Sharma seems easy on the eyes…Posted by Quentin George on 2006 07 31 at 02:37 AM • permalink
- #15 I wouldn’t kick her out of bed for eating matzah.Posted by MentalFloss on 2006 07 31 at 02:52 AM • permalink
- as for when will the penny drop, i think it would probably take a penny being placed on their heads and then it being hit good and proper with a fair sized mallet… i doubt anything less will get a clue into the “ignorance is bliss” mob…
but its either the pennies start dropping or the noggin’s will eventually… and i just hope its all these collaborator-types who get the chop first…
- someone needs to suggest to Haq that in the case of a lack of female companionship, shooting a whole bunch of them probably isn’t gonna help matters much…
on the other hand, lets hope it does give him the opportunity to make a whole bunch of new male friends in prison…. maybe picking up the soap for them…. :o)
by the way would this guy still get the chop for having done the dirty on his former religious mates, or would killing a few jooooz gain him readmittance with a bit of a mild spanking or something???
- It’s been a right old weekend of broken glass – apparently a mosque was also attacked this weekend.
- Someone posted a very long url twice. I deleted both comments. I will delete any comment with very long urls that break the page from now on, I don’t care how germane to the conversation they are.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2006 07 31 at 06:42 AM • permalink
- Whaddaya mean Naveed Haq doesn’t represent a broad strata of American society? He represents Muslims who convert to Christianity and then revert to Islam, Pakistani-Americans, mentally ill engineers and angry perverts. That’s a fairly broad strata. Perhaps the Jewish organization was just handy at the time.
“We will not allow any member of our community to go and fight for Hezbollah in Lebanon,” Sheikh Hilali said.
Is the Sheikh admitting control over his “community”? Well, I guess we know who the go-to guy is when one of ‘em gets out of line.Posted by Kyda Sylvester on 2006 07 31 at 12:46 PM • permalink
- Cover up? No, no no! Who would think the Media would cover up Muslie crimes and conspiracies. It’s all in the name of efficiency. Here’s the standard page one opener (found in the BUSHCHIMPHITLER Standard Page One Opener used by the press for at least the last 90 Muslim major crimes in the United States:
“The official told The Associated Press (NY Times, LA Times, et al) the alleged plotters were mainly Americans with no apparent ties to al-Qaida or other foreign terrorist organizations.”
- What the war on terror is really all about
Last try – using link, naming link.
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.