The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 02:10 pm
A cycle of violence is brought to an end in Pakistan:
Three members of a suspected suicide bomb team were blown to pieces on Saturday when their bike laden with explosives hit a bump outside a town in Pakistan’s central province of Punjab, police said …
At least two of the dead men were students at a nearby madrasa, suspected of having links to Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, a banned Sunni Muslim sectarian militant group, according to Deputy Superintendent Bashir Ahmed.
“The head of one man has been blown off,” Ahmed told Reuters. Another of the dead men had his legs blown off, while the third had his stomach ripped open and died later in hospital, police said.
The bike isn’t in great shape, either. More from Gateway Pundit.
UPDATE: “Ridin’ along on a pushbike honey …”
UPDATE II: “Sounds like the Pakistani version of Critical Mass.”
- Ridin’ along on a pushbike honey
When I noticed you (ah-ooh)
Ridin’ downtown in a hurry honey
Down Punjab Avenue
You looked so splodey
As you were ridin’ alo-ong
You looked so splodey
As you were singin’ this so-o-ong
Round round wheels
Goin’ round round round
Down up pedals
Down up down (ah-ooh)
But I gotta get across
To the other side of town
Before the bomb goes off
Hey hey hey heyPosted by Margos Maid on 2007 02 25 at 06:14 AM • permalink
- At times it’s easy to get down, thinking there is no justice in the world. Then you read a story like this, and laugh your ass off, and say to yourself “maybe there is, just maybe”.Posted by David Crawford on 2007 02 25 at 06:15 AM • permalink
- Let’s hope they’ve started a trend.Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2007 02 25 at 06:16 AM • permalink
- #5 David Crawford,
Am I the only one that thinks this was scene from a Pink Panther movie?
::eye twitches::Posted by Spiny Norman on 2007 02 25 at 06:20 AM • permalink
Maybe one was a supervisor and the other was an apprentice. Hell, for a third world country that’s a pretty lean organization.Posted by David Crawford on 2007 02 25 at 06:21 AM • permalink
- Woefully underfunded, as well…
One bike???Posted by Spiny Norman on 2007 02 25 at 06:23 AM • permalink
- Maybe it wasn’t an accident. Did anyone stop to think that the BIKE was the target?
Evil jihadists. They will stop at nothing.Posted by Spectre765 on 2007 02 25 at 06:27 AM • permalink
- Mussi had a tandem bike
And on it he did ride
With 2 of his best friends
across the desert countryside
They loaded ‘er up with TNT
and other fearful things
but in their haste they simply forgot
to mend the suspension springs
As the infidels came into view
They dreamed of a virgin feast
But then they hit a little bump
And were spread across the Middle East!Posted by Vincent Gerome on 2007 02 25 at 06:29 AM • permalink
- Three punjabi peanuts sat on a bicycle
their hearts were all a-flutter
Oh look out – it’s a speed hump!
Oh no – peanut butter!Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 02 25 at 06:39 AM • permalink
- I’ve always said those contraptions were death-traps,
The VC came up with a novel idea to stop their pedal-pedoes being nicked from outside the tagetted bar/installation/flozzy parlour full of Imperialist running dogs- they left the dynamo for the lights on the rear tyre, so if some Saigon rapscallion decided to twock the treadalie, as soon as it reached a speed that would generate enough current it’d initiate the detonator and set off the main charge- bicycle theft became unknown.
A bloody good ploy- I’d like to have a chunk of C4 in the seat of my car, which goes live if it’s started without the key.
- #17 Many years ago I worked with a member of the Coffin Cheaters bikie gang. Vietnam veteran and all-round nice guy, but a bit whacko. What the hell, he was an outlaw bikie.
Anyway, he had a explosive charge wired to the starter coil of his Harley so if anyone tried to steal it, nice little explosion under the fuel tank to take away the middle third of the would-be Harley thief’s body.
I once asked him what would happen if he was pissed and forgot to disarm the charge. His attitude was that if he was that careless, he deserved to die.Posted by Young and Free on 2007 02 25 at 07:53 AM • permalink
- A “suspected suicide bomb team”? They killed themselves together with an explosive device; how they could possibly fail to meet that description?Posted by jabberwocky on 2007 02 25 at 08:07 AM • permalink
- And i bet they weren’t wearing helmets either. Damned unsafe work practises can only lead to an accident.Posted by surfmaster on 2007 02 25 at 08:17 AM • permalink
- # 26 boom boomPosted by surfmaster on 2007 02 25 at 08:28 AM • permalink
- #26 – I think the jury is still out as to whether the bike was laden with explosives or whether they’d pumped up the pressure in the big tyre of their Penny Farthing too far and it blew up – with devastating consequences.Posted by Jack Lacton on 2007 02 25 at 09:39 AM • permalink
- #29 – Bike laden? Bin laden?
I see the connection now. I think I answered my own question.Posted by Jack Lacton on 2007 02 25 at 09:40 AM • permalink
- “Three members of a suspected suicide bomb team were blown to pieces on Saturday…”
Good planning, dumbshits. Now you’ll have to settle for 24 virgins apiece.Posted by Dave Surls on 2007 02 25 at 10:20 AM • permalink
- “Men attempt ET’s classic scene”Posted by Some0Seppo on 2007 02 25 at 12:27 PM • permalink
- #31 – And the virgins are going to have to settle for the pieces.Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2007 02 25 at 04:21 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Do you have to be registered at the site to submit this to the Darwin Awards?