The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 12:27 pm
The conservative invasion continues:
Fresh from appointing controversial historian Keith Windschuttle to the board of the ABC, the Federal Government yesterday revealed that The Australian’s Imre Salusinszky will chair the Australia Council’s literature board. Sydney Institute director Joe Gersh will become the council’s deputy chair.
Former Australia Council chairwoman Hilary McPhee attacked the appointments. “This Government is shameless; their ideological bent is so palpable,” she said.
But critic and cultural commentator Peter Craven said Dr Salusinszky “notwithstanding his deeply lunatic politics, is a man of considerable warmth with an intense feeling for the literature he likes”.
Reaction from the diversity crushers at Larvatus Prodeo:
* I note with disgust and rage, but not astonishment, that Imre Salusinszky is the new Chair of the Literature Board of the Australia Council.
* This is beyond the bounds of decency.
* Where’d I put that revolver of mine?
* Windshuttle, Salusinszky, Albrechtsen et al, are mere trained mules from the News Ltd/Quadrant stable …
* The ALP should protest loudly about these appointments. There is great political mileage to be made here.