The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:30 am
The first black President is looking very red these days. Also, check this comment from John Singleton in the accompanying SMH item:
You know my affinity with the ALP and my affection for the many prime ministers I’ve worked with; but if I had one wish, it would be that Kim Beazley, who I know and love, if only he could just be injected with 10 per cent of Bill Clinton’s personality, what a Leader of the Opposition he could be, eh?
Note: not Prime Minister, but Leader of the Opposition. Way to talk up your man, Singo! Speaking of “injected with Bill Clinton”, Monica Lewinsky is mentioned in this unfortunately-headlined WaPo column by Howard Kurtz.
- Had to laugh at the Eisner CV further down in the article…
“…Eisner ran Walt Disney for 21 years…”
Ran it into the ground more like it.
A true business success story…just ask Roy Disney.
And people are going to pay to listen to this shite?Posted by Jay Santos on 2006 02 21 at 01:22 AM • permalink
- Frankly, if Beazley had more of Clinton’s personality and charm he would still not get elected. The world has moved on from Bill Clinton. We are ready to tackle the real problems of the world.
Will Singo ask Bill about a certain pharmaceutical plant in Sudan and its connection with “Wag the Dog” and his impeachment hearings?
Didn’t that happen to Monica?
Yeah, the seeds were planted, but there was nothing to grow from.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 02 21 at 02:29 AM • permalink
- Now which 10% would Singo want to inject into Beazley? Hmmm .. How about “I did not have sex with that woman” for starters.
Beazley would never say that.
“It is with much sorrow and distress that I must reflect upon the slanderous lies being propagated about me by the Howard Government. First let me say, that although a most intelligent and winsome woman, Ms Lewinsky did never….”
zzzzzZZzzzPosted by Quentin George on 2006 02 21 at 02:42 AM • permalink
- Hmmm… I have Bill Clinton’s ‘I didn’t shag her’ speech in my playlist:
I want to say one thing to the American people, I want you to listen to me: I’m going to say this again, I did not have sex relations with that women- Ms. Lewinsky. I never told anybody- it’s a lie, not a single time, never. These allegations are false, and I need to go back to work for the American people. Thankyou [applause].
Rather appropriately, I have the ‘You can’t handle the truth’ speech right under it. Heh… Demi-crats.
- Reminds me of the joke about the leper and the prostitute.
Keep the tip…Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2006 02 21 at 05:54 AM • permalink
- What’s that Clinton’s wearing, a Che Guevara t-shirt turned inside out? The man still has a problem with commitment!
The great thing after our long national – I started to say “night”, but maybe “morning after” is better – the great thing, anyway, is that I can go weeks without seeing this scoundrel’s name mentioned in the press. Interesting photo, though; looks like he just had a ten minute face-to-face with Satan.
- No those would be his open-necked trousers with, “Don’t cry for me Argentina”, showing on his Y-fronts.
It was sold to him when he went to see “Evita” starring Maddona-hamstring.
The story of a spoiled wanker who is so self absorbed that anything can happen to people under her watch….
Bill can’t see any comparisson…
At 18h30 he will be leading the Geelong Tacklebackle Choir in : “Come all ye faithful”.
- Lizzie 5
Is it the same kind of thinking that means Condoleezza Rice isn’t black at all?
Is “thinking” really the word you want, here?Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2006 02 21 at 12:37 PM • permalink
- Bill’s perpetually red from the daily 10 gram dose of Valtrex that he takes to keep his herpes in check.Posted by joe bagadonuts on 2006 02 21 at 01:05 PM • permalink
- I know there is a school of thought that Clinton should have been impeached for injecting his personality all over Monica.
However they fail to understand that there are different levels of acceptable personal probity for people from different political parties.
I am not sure anyone has quantified this properly yet, but US Democrat/Australian ALP (and further left) politicians are highly charismatic people who are allowed to inject their personality onto their constituency widely without it being a scandal (hello Joe Tripodi?)
Conservative politicians, however, may face a long time in the wilderness for misdemeanours such as in NSW, unfounded rumours a dirty magazine was once found in one of their offices (O’Farrell), or making drunken passes at journalists (Brogden). Incidents such as these make them unfit for office.
I hope this clears things up.Posted by Margos Maid on 2006 02 21 at 05:20 PM • permalink
- Kim will need more than a 10% injection if he’s to comply with the great traditions of the ALP. He needs to spend some time with the NSW branch and learn how to turn favours for supermarket developers, run brothels with teenage prostitutes,get it off secretaries at the Parliamentary Christmas party, sexually harrass staff, stab your mates in the back, and generally lie, smeer and defame others in your way to the top.
Frankly, Kim doesn’t need an injection from Bill Clinton, he needs a blood transfusion from Joe Tripodi.
- I think it is fair to say that running under-age brothels is exceeding the limits of decency, even for some people in the ALP, however Clinton demonstrated that left-leaning politicians are entitled to a number of blow-jobs from interns without it affecting their status.
The line of acceptable behaviour for US Democrats and the ALP therefore exists somewhere between these two incidents.Posted by Margos Maid on 2006 02 21 at 06:16 PM • permalink
- Levels of acceptable political behaviour should be standardised for purposes of clarity.
NSW conservative MP Andrew Fraser grabbed ALP Member Joe Tripodi by the collar during a parliamentary debate last year and yelled at him. This did not cost Fraser his position but some media pundits made it clear this was close to the level of assault that is unacceptable in conservative politicians, though mitigated by the fact that no-one likes Tripodi.
The level of assault allowable for conservative politicians, at least in Australia, is a “Fraser”. It is not yet known if US republicans are permitted to accidentally shoot their mates (a Cheney.)
The level of assault that is acceptable for US Democrats and ALP has not yet been fully tested, but we know that breaking a taxi driver’s arm is acceptable as is driving people into rivers
Leftie politicians are entitled to blowjobs from interns, (a Clinton) but probably not to run brothels with under-age prostitutes.
Conservative politicians are not permitted to make drunken passes (a Brogden) or have unfounded rumours of there being dirty magazines in their offices (an O’Farrell)Posted by Margos Maid on 2006 02 21 at 08:07 PM • permalink
- Mr Magoo
That seems to be one of those grey areas…Posted by Margos Maid on 2006 02 21 at 08:59 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Didn’t that happen to Monica?