The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 04:43 am
If you’re thinking of hiring lawyer Mr Lefty to argue your case, you might do well to examine his forensic courtroom technique first.
- Mr. Lefty seems like one angry individual. Have you been ignoring him, Tim?Posted by RebeccaH on 2006 01 27 at 12:06 PM • permalink
- the poofter has a picture of a boned leg of lamb on his site. i mean, half the fun of yummy roast lamb is carving it off the bone. real men don’t mind food coming from animals. but hang on, come to think of it, that roast looks suspiciously like beef. typical lefty – even lying about his dinner
cute cat though. perhaps we can steal it & give it a better home
He’s probably the kind of lawyer who you’d hire to defend you on a parking ticket violation, and he’d manage somehow to get the charge changed to manslaughter.
Then plea bargain down to 10 years in prison and brag about how well he did.Posted by Rob Crawford on 2006 01 27 at 04:24 PM • permalink
- Tim, you’re not a journalist. You’re just some dude on teh intarweb. Respect Mr. Lefty’s authoritah in this matter!Posted by Some0Seppo on 2006 01 27 at 05:15 PM • permalink
- Jesus, that was a rout if ever I saw one.Posted by James Waterton on 2006 01 27 at 05:33 PM • permalink
- Slightly off-topic, but relating to #3 and #4:
The mobster was on trial, facing a possible life sentence, but his lawyer bribed a juror to hold out for a lesser charge. After hours of deliberation, the jury returned a verdict of manslaughter.
Afterwards, the lawyer approached the juror. “You had me worried! When the jury took so long, I was afraid you wouldn’t be able to pull it off.”
“I was worried, too!” answered the juror. “All the others wanted to acquit him!”
- Jeremy (Mr Lefty) has a very poor record on balance in his own blogs . And he thinks that if he states something then it is clearly proven. Sadly for him this is not the case. He does not understand basics when it comes to deduction likewise if he does start a blog about Tim Blair’s blog he will be banning his critics at every opportunity .
Just one small comment of the cat pictures he seems so fond of at Anonymous lefty; dogs have masters but cats have slaves …..
- But I like cats!
—NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2006 01 27 at 06:43 PM • permalink
- http://iambeingnice.blogspot.com/Forensic skills (sic)shown by Mr Lefty even when the issue is so important to himself. He does a great line in implied denial
- Some of Jeremy’s responses to criticism on The Spin Starts Here make for amusing reading also.
Proof positive that the moonbats have zero sense of humour.Posted by Jay Santos on 2006 01 27 at 07:19 PM • permalink
- hmmmmm i’ve been on holidays recently (away from a computer) and i can see that one of my pet shrubs (david heidelberg) has become over-grown.
i think it’s time i loped some branches off our arab impersonating left-bat and his alter ego Mushtaq Omar
- His last comment from his post:
Hmm. Suddenly an influx of visitors who’ve never been here before, enthusiastically supporting Tim Blair and convinced he’s slaughtering me in the argument. (Oh no! Well, if they think so, it must be true.)
If that was any indciation of his skill as a lawyer I can just imagine how shocked he must get when a guilty verdict is handed down and not even noticing during the trial that everytime he opened his mouth the person he was trying to defend was cringing.
- his forensic courtroom technique
Hey, as long as it’s good enough to, say, keep people like Bryan Law and his equally batshit crazy wife out of prison after they’ve once again broken through a military compound fence with the help of wooden spoons and performance art or something, Lefty’ll be set for life.
- Mr Lefty said at his blog in the comments that:
Guys. There’s a huge difference between the research effort someone might put in on something that matters (for example at work), and simply making an observation on a blog. Duh.
Lets hope his legal opinions are better than his blog observations.
- Has any one seen the latest post at Jeremy’s blogNow he is being funny
- Tim — But your title for this thread puzzles me.
Are you warning criminals away from Mr. Lefty’s services?
Or do you want them to engage him because that is the greatest contribution Mr. Lefty can make to fighting crime…?Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 01 28 at 02:01 PM • permalink
- Are you warning criminals away from Mr. Lefty’s services?
Or do you want them to engage him because that is the greatest contribution Mr. Lefty can make to fighting crime…?
Having to be represented by Lefty clearly constitutes cruel and unusual punishment, even before the actual verdict is handed down…
- The Hack has been telling Lefty for ages now he should take up a career in conveyancing and be done with it.
Some of my personal favourite Lefty arguments have been:
* The Hack must be unemployed because he is able to blog/comment during 9-5 hours. Lefty, too, blogs/comments during this time of day…
* Any comment on TSSH that is mean to Lefty and that I don’t immediately delete or censor MUST actually have been written by ME. I’ve lost track of how many personalities he and his idiot circle-jerkers have accused me of having (even though my site has several authors, supposedly I’ve written everything on there too.)
* The words “request” and “clarify” are interchangable and anyone who doesn’t know that isn’t fit to be a journalist.
Those are just a few I can remember off the top of my head. He’s a goldmine of stupidity. I’ll miss him now he’s threatened never to come back again.
In short, if I ever found myself in a court room and Lefty was the barrister on the other side, I’d sack mine, go down to the pub and just phone it in.
I’m a member of the Bar and am expected to takeany brief offered, and wouldn’t want people thinking that my politics would interfere with my professional duties.
Jeremy says he will represent any one at all so maybe he would speak for Tim but some how I think Tim would choose a barrister who argues better than Jeremy Sear does .
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.