The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on May 20th, 2017 at 10:26 am
• Approval rating for George W. Bush: 30 per cent.
• Approval rating for the New York Times: 24 per cent.
- Approval rating of Congress 18% (NBC-WSJ 1/20/08-1/22/08)Posted by ErnieG on 2008 02 29 at 09:49 AM • permalink
- Maybe George could get a job at the Times and bring their ratings up a bit.Posted by Mambo Bananapatch on 2008 02 29 at 10:17 AM • permalink
- In Australia, Dr Nelson’s rating is 9% – below the ALP’s worst-ever leader rating of 14%. Much has been made of this by the media. Although I retain a soft spot for Dr Nelson and praise his leadership qualities, let’s assume the media is right and he’s a failure.
That means that among voters, 9% are Liberals too bigoted or stupid to perceive failure on their own side; five points below the 14% of voters who support Labor and are similarly impeded. Labor leads the nation in rusted-on idiots.Posted by Machiavellian on 2008 02 29 at 10:26 AM • permalink
- #3 Machiavellian
Here in America, our government has a large surplus of “rusted on idiots”. Would you like some of ours? We would be most appreciative if someone would take them off our hands. They’ll need to be chiseled off the public teat first…Posted by Spiny Norman on 2008 02 29 at 11:33 AM • permalink
- Kind of a pity that President Bush can’t run again. A humiliating electoral repudiation in the manner of John Howard losing his seat would be a nice way to draw a line under his administration and policies.Posted by Jefferson Skates on 2008 02 29 at 11:46 AM • permalink
- He won’t run again. He has already agreed to replace Bob Dole as the national spokesman for Viagra. So Jefferson Skates will think of GWB every time he gets an erection.Posted by Mystery Meat on 2008 02 29 at 12:12 PM • permalink
A humiliating electoral repudiation in the manner of John Howard losing his seat
John Howard was Australia’s second-longest serving Prime Minister. So you’re saying Bush would have been elected for a third term before the electorate repudiated him by not giving him a fourth to tie Roosevelt?
Jeez. Lefties are so enamored of dictators that they think anything less than jefe-for-life is a failure. Skatey must be one of those clowns who talks admiringly about how many U.S. Presidents Castro “outlasted.”
- 2006 Harris poll of the most trusted institutions in the United States, percentage of respondents who had “great confidence”:
47% – The military
45% – small businesses
38% – colleges and universities
33% – the Supreme Court
31% – health system
30% – organized religion
25% – the Presidency
22% – public schools
21% – the courts and justice system
19% – television news
14% – the press
13% – major companies (sheesh, c’mon, people)
12% – organized labor
10% – law firms
10% – Congress
- So Jefferson Skates will think of GWB every time he gets an erection.
How sad, never to think of GWB again. I think a Bush/Cheney 2008, Selected Once and Elected Twice would be great. The thought of democrat heads exploding around the country like popcorn in the microwave outstanding.Posted by baslimthecripple on 2008 02 29 at 02:41 PM • permalink
He won’t run again. He has already agreed to replace Bob Dole as the national spokesman for Viagra. So Jefferson Skates will think of GWB every time he gets an erection.
What, twice a year, like clockwork?
Obama or McCain, one thing is sure… we’re gonna miss George…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2008 02 29 at 04:23 PM • permalink
- #12 Be of good cheer. Tell the next moonbat that you run into, “Four more years! President McCain!” Their heads pop just the same because he is a
evil Republican!Posted by Deborah Leigh on 2008 02 29 at 07:09 PM • permalink
- #11 A 2006 Harris poll? So little time for homework?Posted by Deborah Leigh on 2008 02 29 at 07:11 PM • permalink
- #10 You’re right that Lefties are so enamored of dictators. The one and only Richard McEnroe (of this site/thread) has a great sign for our Friday night support the troops rally, “Democrats Abort Babies, Not Dictators.”Posted by Deborah Leigh on 2008 02 29 at 07:20 PM • permalink
The long, hard road from Launceston to LiberalismPosted by stackja1945 on 2008 02 29 at 09:03 PM • permalink
- #18 nice sloganPosted by daddy dave on 2008 03 01 at 02:05 AM • permalink
- Leftists expect far too much. Hawai’ian saying I saw on a t-shirt said “No Rain, No Rainbows.” Can’t have one without the other…
Downtimes (Democrat majority Congress) remind me that better times are coming. The silliness of ‘the great unwashed’ & their chosen leaders will be seen for what it really is, & we’ll get some sanity back in a few years. Just gotta keep plugging along & loving Life best I can until then.