The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 26th, 2017 at 01:39 pm
“Conspiracy theories reveal fracture lines in societies,” writes Late Night Live host Phillip Adams. “And they sometimes contain elements of truth.” Hmmm … perhaps there’s some truth in Margo’s Late Night Live conspiracy theory:
The ABC is no longer independent of Government either. I was forced off Late Night Live a couple of years ago after sustained ABC management pressure – listeners liked my stuff, but so what? I’ll write one day about how ABC radio in Perth, Brisbane and Canberra treated me regarding interviews on my book last year.
Presumably they were insufficiently fawning. La Margo demands respect.
UPDATE. Another I’ll tell the story one day … threat from Margo:
I’ll tell the story of the means FF used to withdrew its support from Webdiary one day, and the utter contempt it showed for Webdiary readers in the process.
Why doesn’t she tell these stories now?
- Ah, but being the victim of a government conspiracy is soooo much more satisfying than being a paranoid, no-talent hack.Posted by RebeccaH on 2005 10 29 at 12:48 PM • permalink
- Given her spelling skills, maybe their biased in favor of the ABC’s…?Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 10 29 at 03:27 PM • permalink
- Conspiracy theories reveal fracture lines in societies
A glib journalistic throw-away that sounds profound but is meaningless. After pondering is for a minute or two I just can’t see how conspiracy theories show up societal discord.Posted by walterplinge on 2005 10 29 at 06:19 PM • permalink
- I was amused at how Adams, after going on about “lying politicians” offers several of the old, reliable standbys (children overboard, WMDs, Katrina etc) on his own in his column.
I guess when it comes to Bush and Howard, all the bad stories circulating out there can be nothing but the truth – at least in Phil’s head.
- In my experience, conspiracy theories reveal that there are pockets of severely mentally ill, unemployed and socially alienated people in the community.
After the London Bombings, my conspiracy nut friend maintained that the British Government trained MI5 agents to do the blast, to reinvigorate public support for the war in Iraq, and that they pinned the blame on 4 defenceless Muslim youth as a racist, inflammatory gesture. When I protested, asking for the evidence, he said he didn’t need any. That the British Government had the “motive” to do that, therefore they did. He even called me a “racist” for believing that the 4 Muslim youths did it.
Furthermore, he said “I’d rather believe my own theories than any crap on the news” (we were watching the ABC at the time.)
So there are many people who believe the ABC is part of the vast right wing conspiracy to bring about the Fascist New World Order.
I don’t know what to believe either, but I’d rather have NO theory than make up conspiracy theories.
- Phillip Adams published a conspiracy theory of his own shortly before the invasion of Iraq. He said that if the US failed to find WMD in Iraq, they would plant some of their own.
Has he apologised for that smear yet?Posted by Evil Pundit on 2005 10 29 at 10:38 PM • permalink
- It’s obvious that the left are just bad losers . Eg If Howard wins an election, it a blow to democracy. They believe that if people don’t agree with their moonbat shit, then they must have been tricked by some vast right wing conspiracy (PS: I do love my black helicopter).
I think people should take real offence at this group of mentally deranged individuals, because according to them, the vast majority of the populations are idiots.
- EvilPundit—We weren’t going to call Philco on that one until wronwright explained what happened to the trailer (I’ve still got your hand receipt on the Peterbuilt, buster…)Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 10 30 at 12:43 AM • permalink
- Why doesn’t she tell these stories now?
Maybe no one cares.Posted by Quentin George on 2005 10 30 at 07:49 AM • permalink
- Why doesn’t she tell these stories now?
Because the voices in her head haven’t quite spelled out all the details yet.Posted by blandwagon on 2005 10 30 at 09:35 PM • permalink