Kevin Rudd’s list of 2020 Summiteers is revealed, combining several fine choices with dozens of loudmouths, seat fillers and net losses, many of them known to readers of this site. Among the Cuddly Ruddly One Thousand:
• Marieke “Nice flag, fuckhead” Hardy Granddaughter. Low-rating, critically-reviled TV writer. Paid by the government to entertain a small number of morning radio listeners. Unethical. Refuses to befriend anybody with whom she disagrees politically.
• Tanya Ha Sustainable living advocate. Joke.
• Professor Ross Garnaut Warmenist. Column generator.
• Barry Jones Senior citizen. Who could ever have imagined Barry would still be turning up at these sorts of things?
• Nicholas Gruen Paralysingly dull writer, even for an economist. Thinks we should be polite to terrorists. Wanted to send Malcolm Fraser to Camp X-Ray on a mission to free David Hicks – who was no longer there.
• Barrie Kosky Theatricalist. Hates Australia.
• Claudia Karvan Actress. Recycler.
UPDATE. Andrew Bolt rounds ‘em up.
UPDATE II. The summit’s best names:
• Indigo Willing
• Fiona Quality Wood
• Eric Ronald Wing-Fai Knight
I’m expecting a lot from these three.
UPDATE III. Want someone disinvited? Click.