* Yet more torture: “For 12 days before his release, terror suspect Mamdouh Habib was so excited about the prospect of seeing his family again he could not sleep.”
* Ray Peterson, who wrote “Tell Laura I Love Her”, has died. In a flaming car wreck! Well, no; of cancer, at the surprisingly young age of 65. He was only 20 when that song was released.
* Check out the new ad at left. This site is now sponsored by the United Nations! Kofi Annan will be deeply concerned.
* Daily Kos predicts: “I believe sports blogging will be the next ‘Big Thing’, which is why I’ve started a company in that realm (details coming soon).” Given recent revelations, Kos should call his new sports site blacksox.com. Too bad it’s already taken.
* Latham advocate Alan Ramsey hands over half his column to someone identified only as a political friend. This entity seems to function as a kind of Hobbes to Ramsey’s elderly Calvin. Speaking of whom, Matt Welch links to some recreated Calvin and Hobbes snowmen.