Saturday, April 07, 2007
• Membership of Australian unions fell by 125,900 (or 6.6%) between 2005 and 2006.
• Reason’s Ronald Bailey observes that environmentaloids reject the scientific consensus on genetically-modified crops. The filthy denialist monsters.
• The Kirk Van Houten of Melbourne catblogging opposes open threads.
• Is Conrad Black heading for an acquittal? Mark Steyn notes a mood shift during Black’s trial.
• They’re hauling century-old seabeasts out of Alaskan waters.
• Honda’s carbon-neutral F1 planetmobile is so miserably uncompetitive the company is (according to pitlane rumour reported by ITV) considering building a whole new racer for the second half of 2007. Gaia will puke.
• A student union president (at 34!) looks forward to the revolution: “yes peopel it will come”