<< RITTER IN A RUT ~ MAIN ~ KIWIS DOOMED >>

SAME OLD AL

Where’s Al? Here’s Al, at Ohio State:

He said this, by way of introduction: “I am Al Gore. I used to be the next president of the United States of America."

He’s been using that line for six horrible years.

"The planet has a fever,” he said.

Another Gore classic. Notably, the event was attended by “an ambassador for polar bears”.

Posted by Tim B. on 05/06/2008 at 12:44 AM
  1. an ambassador for polar bears

Lemme guess: His Excellency Grizzly Adams?

And to be fair, whenever I’ve seen Al delivering that ‘next president’ line, he grimaces like somebody shitting a pinecone.

Posted by cuckoo on 2008 05 06 at 01:04 AM • permalink

2. Gore, a former vice president who ran for president twice and has become a publicist for planet Earth

That explains all the slutty photos of Gaia exiting limos without any panties on.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 05 06 at 01:10 AM • permalink

3. To put it in perspective, at the time of the 2000 election, the kids he’s now talking to at Ohio State were between 12 and 15 years old. I bet the younger ones don’t know what that “next President” line is supposed to mean. Gore is about 5 years away from becoming the Samuel Tilden of the 21st century. (Who? Exactly.)

Posted by bgates on 2008 05 06 at 01:10 AM • permalink

4. Could be worse.

“Hi, I’m Al Gore and I’m here to help.”

Oh Wait!

Posted by yojimbo on 2008 05 06 at 01:32 AM • permalink

5. I love that whole “the earth has a fever” and “if your baby had a fever you’d do something about it” bullshit. If I took my baby to the doctor with a fever and he said “I’m not sure what’s wrong but let’s chop it’s arms and legs off and give it a heart transplant… just in case” I’d run a mile!

Posted by Gibbo on 2008 05 06 at 01:34 AM • permalink

6. I would have thought he’d be too busy and would send the Consul-General of Polar Bears instead.

Posted by Dan Lewis on 2008 05 06 at 01:38 AM • permalink

7. The Ambassador for Polar Bears rather embarrassed the gathering when he killed and ate the Ambassador for Seals…

Posted by mojo on 2008 05 06 at 01:56 AM • permalink

8. The Ambassador for Koala Bears wasn’t invited?

Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2008 05 06 at 01:58 AM • permalink

9. Ha what a laugh! So Gore didn’t mind if the press attended. My, that’s a change from his previous shows! Still I’ll bet he didn’t take any questions.

And here’s another story from the UK this time about God and Climate Change.  I’d have to guess that somewhere Al Gore fits into this agenda though I wonder if he fits as a cleric or an environmentalist.

LOL!

Posted by Wand on 2008 05 06 at 02:04 AM • permalink

10. #7 - Diplomatic immunity.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 05 06 at 02:05 AM • permalink

11. Sort of OT but this is a great way to commemorate the “coldening” Gore seems to ignore…

Jon Hopkins “Cold OutThere”

Posted by carpefraise on 2008 05 06 at 02:27 AM • permalink

12. He said this, by way of introduction: “I am Al Gore. I used to be the next president of the United States of America.”

I think the polite term is has been

Posted by Nic on 2008 05 06 at 02:38 AM • permalink

13. @ 11,

Baby it’s cold outside

Posted by Mikael on 2008 05 06 at 03:01 AM • permalink

14. #8 Swiny:  A Koala is a marsupial, not a bear.

You are thinking of Drop Bears, a particularly well-loved Australian icon.

In fact, Drop Bears look awfully like Polar Bears, don’t they?

Posted by Kaboom on 2008 05 06 at 03:29 AM • permalink

15. NASA has been caught out again by the assiduous Steve McIntyre, this time for ‘adjusting’ the historic surface temperature record in order, it would appear, to exaggerate any warming trend here.
    James Hansen, NASA’s mouthpiece, possibly preparing the ground for legal defense
    here.

Posted by chrisgo on 2008 05 06 at 03:50 AM • permalink

16. #15 - The standards at NASA really have slipped. 40 short years ago they managed to fake a moon landing. Now they can’t even dummy up some temp stats.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 05 06 at 04:14 AM • permalink

17. "The planet has a fever,” he said.

The solution to global warmening is, obviously, more cowbell.

Posted by fidens on 2008 05 06 at 04:21 AM • permalink

18. 16,
    I was around in 1969 and watched the fake moon landing on TV, which I thought at the time, looked pretty convincing.
    Of course, we did not know then, that Kubrick’s 2001 team was heavily involved.

Posted by chrisgo on 2008 05 06 at 04:31 AM • permalink

19. I just got an email from a mob that are supporting some climate protection bill.  You can do as I did - download and print their postcard and ammend it to say that it is utter rubbish, and then post it to them.

It will be interesting to see whether any such postcards make it through to the MPs that they are addressed to.  Or whether inconvenient views are screened out.

Posted by mr creosote on 2008 05 06 at 04:49 AM • permalink

20. 14 - So Al’s a speciesist as well? Marsupials are beneath his concern?
    Do the Drop Bears have his address?

Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2008 05 06 at 05:29 AM • permalink

21. Found this link by another post in Andrew Bolts blog-Scroll down to about 2/3 page-funny

Al Gore in Vietnam

Posted by Hillyminx on 2008 05 06 at 05:35 AM • permalink

22. OT but on topic for environmentalist insanity.
    PETA won the war against mulesing. Australian farmers already agreed to phase the practice out by 2010. Yet PETA have continued to spend time, money and resources lobbying against Australian wool overseas, and this week scored more victories. This makes my blood boil.

Fortunately the federal government has attacked PETA for this senseless attack on Australian exports. That’s good, but it’s not enough. I’d like to see the head of the Australian branch of PETA put on TV, and somehow held accountable for their support of this despicable policy. Next time I see someone collecting money for PETA, I’m going to give them an earful.

Posted by daddy dave on 2008 05 06 at 06:19 AM • permalink

23. Why not just mules them?

Posted by ilibcc on 2008 05 06 at 06:44 AM • permalink

24. #23 considering their opinion of human beings, I’m surprised they’re not mulesing themselves.

Posted by daddy dave on 2008 05 06 at 06:46 AM • permalink

25. #22 PETA is full of fucking idiots. They haven’t a clue, do they?

Posted by Ash_ on 2008 05 06 at 06:48 AM • permalink

26. OT: Does this idea strike anyone else as forcing students to do jobs they generally don’t want to/can’t do (if they did they’d volunteer themselves!) and cut from the time they can do paid work and contribute taxes? somewhat dodgy?

Posted by Ash_ on 2008 05 06 at 06:57 AM • permalink

27. I love that whole “the earth has a fever” and “if your baby had a fever you’d do something about it” bullshit.

“Well, Mrs. Smith, our computer models show that within two weeks your baby’s temperature will rise to 130 degrees, and his fever correlates with CO2 levels. Therefore, you must immediately reduce these emissions by clamping your hand tightly over his mouth and nose. If this is a hardship, however, we can arrange, for a fee, to have another baby suffocated as an offset.”

Posted by Dave S. on 2008 05 06 at 07:03 AM • permalink

28. #26 - Conscription! (only for trendy feel good causes though, nothing as passé as training a generation to defend their nation and learn outdated principles like discipline and social responsibility!)

Posted by Richard Sharpe on 2008 05 06 at 07:06 AM • permalink

29. #28 I’m glad I’m not alone. Also glad I finished my degree a) at a different uni and b) before the uni I did go to learns of such a thing, because they’ll love the idea.

By the way, got some stuff to send you in a couple of minutes. Just reinstalled the evil Outlook program. It hates me.

Posted by Ash_ on 2008 05 06 at 07:10 AM • permalink

30. #26 - Ash - it used to be called conscription, but I thought the military were involved.  This one sounds a bit artsy fartsy to me.

Posted by surfmaster on 2008 05 06 at 07:12 AM • permalink

31. Conscription, Happy Earth Fairy-style.

Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2008 05 06 at 07:18 AM • permalink

32. So, in short: when working to keep us alive, conscription bad. When working to keep Gaia alive, conscription good?

Posted by Ash_ on 2008 05 06 at 07:27 AM • permalink

he grimaces like somebody shitting a pinecone.

as he should

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 07:27 AM • permalink

If Al can’t be POTUS, he will be God.

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 07:31 AM • permalink

35. The most absurd thing is that these stores are afraid of high profile figures such as “sir” Paul Macartney using their cash and influence to lobby publicly in scaring consumers from buying any of their goods.

The same way some US banks are scared of enviro terrorist groups such as the rainforest action collective to invest in third world countries that would go some way to alleviate poverty in these places. Sadly, these enviro c**nts are winning and as a result third world people will stay in poverty due to no investment in industry in providing jobs to raise their living standards. Thanks arseholes !

I hope that these stores employ smart counsel to outsmart these lower than gutter scum so that people are not denied their right to accept or reject what is presented to them on the free market.

Posted by mindfree on 2008 05 06 at 08:37 AM • permalink

36. OT:

SOCCER ace Ronaldo is in hot water after insisting his encounter with transvestite prostitutes will “not interfere” with his post as a UNICEF ambassador - despite the fact he has never represented the children’s group.

I guess you can’t argue with his logic.

Posted by monaro on 2008 05 06 at 09:14 AM • permalink

37. Renaldo like TV pros? He can have as many as he wants. More of the real thing for the rest of us.

Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2008 05 06 at 09:29 AM • permalink

38. "The planet has a fever"

That’s no reason to give it a laxative, Al ...

Posted by egg_ on 2008 05 06 at 09:42 AM • permalink

39. "The planet has a fever,” he said.

And the only cure is more cowbell.

Posted by charles austin on 2008 05 06 at 09:49 AM • permalink

40. "I used to be the next ..."

Having now joined the far queue ...

Posted by egg_ on 2008 05 06 at 10:04 AM • permalink

41. From the article, I’m beginning to suspect that Al Gore senses his cash cow is just about done for.  He’s squeezing the last few pennies he can out of it, and then he’ll retire to his mountainside mansion and, oh, write another book, leaving untold damage in his wake.

Posted by RebeccaH on 2008 05 06 at 10:10 AM • permalink

42. he grimaces like somebody shitting a pinecone.

We need more and bigger pinecones.

Posted by richard mcenroe on 2008 05 06 at 10:44 AM • permalink

43. Speaking of pine-cones, it was the use of these, as a surrogate for historic temperatures, that McIntyre and McClintrick(sp?) originally debunked in the MBH propagandafest re. glow-ball warmening

Posted by Son of a Pig and a Monkey on 2008 05 06 at 11:16 AM • permalink

44. "The planet has a fever"

Whenever you need him, Al’ll be there

Posted by egg_ on 2008 05 06 at 12:14 PM • permalink

45. chrisgo & Infidel Tiger:

Don’t let Buzz Aldrin hear you say that can and will still punch you out if you get in his face about it.

Al Gore, OTOH, will give you splinters.

Posted by brett_l on 2008 05 06 at 02:27 PM • permalink

46. O/T but hopefully, y’all might find it interesting.
    If this has been posted before, many muches of sorrowfulness.

FARC and its friends

snip

Here is a partial list of what Colombian investigators found on the FARC terror leader’s computer:

-- FARC connections with Ecuadorean president Rafael Correa
    -- Records of $300 million offerings from Hugo Chavez
    -- Thank you notes from Hugo Chavez dating back to 1992
    -- Uranium purchasing records
    -- Admit to killing the sister of former President Cesar Gaviria
    -- Admit to planting a 2003 car bomb killing 36 at a Bogota upper crust club
    -- Directions on how to make a Dirty Bomb
    -- Information that led to the discovery of 60 pounds of uranium
    -- Letter to Libya’s Moammar Gadhafi asking for cash to buy surface-to-air missiles
    -- Meetings with “gringos” about Barack Obama
    -- Information on Russian illegal arms dealer Viktor Bout who was later captured
    -- FARC funding Correa’s campaign
    -- Cuban links to FARC
    -- Links to US Democrats
    -- $480,000 of FARC cash in Costa Rican safe house
    -- $100,000 to President Correa’s campaign for election
    ...And, more.

Posted by Grimmy on 2008 05 06 at 02:53 PM • permalink

47. #42 Bigger pinecones? Got just the place. Let’s do a road trip to Big Trees. I hear they have some big cones. Then we can send them to big Al with love...of course.

Posted by Deborah Leigh on 2008 05 06 at 04:14 PM • permalink

48. Have you noticed our ABC are slowly distancing themselves from global warming?

They now have weather reports where a meteorologist explains cold or warm weather in a rational way, not the previous GW hysteria.

I bet they wont apologize though.

They’ll just wait for a few months and fall over themselves in whipping up another scare.

Posted by gubbaboy on 2008 05 06 at 05:13 PM • permalink

49. Stuff yer pine cones.

Bunya cones are the go for that perfect Al look.

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 05:23 PM • permalink

50. He said this, by way of introduction: “I am Al Gore. I used to be the next president of the United States of America.
    Now, I’m being considered for the role of stand-in for the Goodyear blimp.”

Posted by rinardman on 2008 05 06 at 05:26 PM • permalink

51. It would help if we actually knew what the Earth’s ‘normal’ temperature should be (assuming that’s even a valid concept). Those medical analogies mentioned in the link don’t go far enough. This is, most likely, a case a recovering hypothermnia. The temperature is returning to normal as ice melts from the patient’s frostbitten extremeties. But Dr Gore says, “Oh my God, the patient’s temperature is going up; I suspect acute bacterial meningitis. Quick, he needs an IV line, blood cultures x 3, FBC, E/LFT’s, ESR, a nasopharyngeal aspirate and a lumbar puncture! We can’t wait for the results. Clear out ICU. I don’t care what other cases are in there, stick ‘em in Maternity. Isolate this patient. Begin large doses of broad-spectrum IV antibiotics. Better sedate him and intubate, just to be on the safe side. Call his family, ask them if he has any religious beliefs. Get the chaplain up here. Last rights. You know...just in case.”

“Doctor, he’s opening his eyes. Seems to be trying to say something...I think he’s telling us he’s feeling better.”

“Delerium. Sodium pentathol, 20cc stat. I’ve consulted with my colleagues. We have consensus. Now get going.”

Posted by Dminor on 2008 05 06 at 05:53 PM • permalink

52. O/T, sort of.
    Regarding the cyclone in Burma (Myanmar, or whatever), now we get heaps of reports about whether Australia could cope with a similar natural disaster, or devestating building collapse, or similar. We are, apparently, fine for terrorism, but not for any other catastrophic event. (Major building collapse, natural disaster, plane crash.)

Does anyone find this extremely annoying?

Catastrophic event.
    Catastrophic event.

You can NOT prepare for a catastrophic event, it’s something that happens and everything comes together with your prior training of emergency services, military, medical, etcetera, and you cope. You have to.

I’m sure the hint is in the word catastrophic.

(Although I recall the non-existent tsunami up north last year or the year before and think that if it’s going to happen, it’ll happen, and we’ll manage.) How people responded to the April 2007 tsunami warning in Cairns and Townsville. I haven’t read it, but I will.

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 06:18 PM • permalink

53. e a, aren’t most vowels interchangable?

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 06:20 PM • permalink

54. So the planet’s to blame. All this time I thought it was just Al giving me the shits.

Posted by Margos Maid on 2008 05 06 at 06:30 PM • permalink

55. #52 kae

Regarding the cyclone in Burma (Myanmar, or whatever)...

Can someone explain to me why, when most countries do not recognize the legitimacy of the military junta running the country, we still use the junta’s new name for it?

Posted by Spiny Norman on 2008 05 06 at 06:44 PM • permalink

56. #52 - Kae, I think the new mob in Canberra will have terrible trouble reacting to our next disaster.

Forming a committee of academics, social workers, union hacks, movie stars and Tim Flannery and then waiting six months for a report is not the best way to manage the here and now during a cyclone/earthquake/bushfire etc etc.

Hint - have your shit together and don’t wait for Kevin to arrive saying, “Hi, I’m from Queensland, and I’m here to hold a summit”.

Posted by mr creosote on 2008 05 06 at 07:10 PM • permalink

Every disaster would be unique, in where it was, local facilities would have to be considered, etc, etc, etc. How can you prepare for that, except to have all services well coordinated.

Perhaps the summit is a good idea, then they can form a committee or two, and then, maybe, do something?

You can bet your bottom dollar if there is a
    “catastrophic event” they’ll not be “prepared” for it, in so far as they won’t have had drills or it won’t be in the area they thought it would be - you just have to make sure that your emergency services are the best they can be, with the best training they can get.

The 1977 Granville train disaster was a steep learning curve for many emergency services personnel. They learnt a lot from that incident. Granville Disaster stats.

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 07:18 PM • permalink

58. Anyone who is serious about dealing with a catastrophe needs to get hold of a Dad’s Army DVD, paying particular attention to the work of Lance Corporal Jones.

Posted by Margos Maid on 2008 05 06 at 07:34 PM • permalink

59. Bah, first it was the polar bears becoming extinct at the South Pole, now it’s their Australian cousins.

Better add this one to the list.

Posted by Margos Maid on 2008 05 06 at 07:59 PM • permalink

60. Damn you blair!

Once again a post for some reason led me to another place, American Thinker, I believe, which led me to Nature Canada and I just had to give them a piece of my mind (which I seem to have lost).

OK that didn’t come out quite right. I did a CTRL-C but the CTRL-V didn’t work, thus I lost my wise words I wanted to share here. It was all about Nature Canada tainting themselves by association with the increasingly hysterical ideas of the likes of BIG (ibn) AL Khore

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:09 PM • permalink

61. #5 Gibbo, brilliant. I now have my standard response to the “precautionary principal” argument:

Me: “My baby is unwell, so I take it to the doctor”

Doctor: “Well, I don’t know what’s wrong, it could be serious, so let’s give it a dose of radiation therapy just in case”.

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:14 PM • permalink

62. #61 Indeed, following up upon that line of reasoning.

If it is true that, as the water-melon misanthropists state, the Earth has a human cancer, then surely a little nuclear war would be just the radiation therapy required.

What really, truly, scares me is that there are people probably plotting this, and they will join hands with the islamo-fascists in destruction of their common hatred. Don’t forget the Unabomber. Don’t forget the Alamo. Don’t forget 9/11.

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:19 PM • permalink

63. #9 Wand, this is the second big article in two days from the Telegraph.

Have they turned from the TRUE FAITH? Have they seen the MENE MENE TEKEL?

Are they becoming .... god forbid ... REALISTS?

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:26 PM • permalink

64. #26 Yes, it strikes me, Ash_, as velvet slavery.

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:30 PM • permalink

65. #51 Dminor, you forgot the radiation therapy.

(Sorry to multi-post like this ...:-( bad Wimpy)

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:55 PM • permalink

66. #52 Kae, but didn’t Australia, well Darwin, suffer such a thing in 1972? And then before that in 1942 (the Japs) and in 1932? and 1892? Cyclones appear to hit Darwin every 40 years, and the Japs occassionally :-)

Strikes me that Australia, and Darwin, survived OK. Nice Place.

I might be living in Darwin in 2012 - better watch out.

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2008 05 06 at 08:59 PM • permalink

67. Yeah, Cousin Al.  I still challenge you or any one of yours to fit into this slot.

About 22” by 11” when I was finished.

I think I’ll go for another drive in the Infiniti G35S.  About 20 mpg.

Posted by Janis Gore on 2008 05 06 at 09:10 PM • permalink

Aussies coped with it all.

Posted by kae on 2008 05 06 at 09:15 PM • permalink

69. Emergency!  I have just been sent this email by an academic of my acquaintance:

The NPG (National Portrait Gallery) and ABC are running a ‘My Favourite Australian’ exhibition. Olivia Newton John is currently coming first (someone linked her fan website to the ABC site) and John Howard is coming second.

This must be fixed.

None of the NPG people can vote but you all can!

PLEASE HELP!

I think you all know what to do…

Posted by cuckoo on 2008 05 06 at 09:27 PM • permalink

70. #69 cuckoo, your link is broken.
    Try going here.

Posted by daddy dave on 2008 05 06 at 09:33 PM • permalink

71. Sorry, bad link.  Try this:

Posted by cuckoo on 2008 05 06 at 09:36 PM • permalink

72. As far as I can see, there is no way on that site to view the progress of voting, so this information was presumably leaked directly from the ABC or the National Portrait Gallery.  Interesting.

Posted by cuckoo on 2008 05 06 at 09:39 PM • permalink

73. Big Al is now blaming warmening for the Burma Cyclone. Another inconvenient “truth.”

Posted by Tommy Shanks on 2008 05 06 at 10:11 PM • permalink

74. *snort* Big Al is desperately trying to drum up business.

Maybe Burma will write him a check.

Posted by SwampWoman on 2008 05 06 at 11:03 PM • permalink

75. #68 Junta needs the money. Like Muggabee needs votes.

Posted by stackja1945 on 2008 05 06 at 11:08 PM • permalink

76. As a U of Michigan grad, I laugh at Ohio State for hosting the Gorebot… that is until U-M hosts him (sadly, since the campus is even leftier than when I was there, it’s only a matter of time).

Posted by Tommy Shanks on 2008 05 06 at 11:47 PM • permalink

77. "The planet has a fever”

And the only answer is “more cowbell!”

Posted by Bishop on 2008 05 06 at 11:47 PM • permalink

If you look under “M” you’ll find David Marr and Maxine McKew, but not this bloke. What a farce.

Posted by Margos Maid on 2008 05 06 at 11:49 PM • permalink

79. #78 - No Margo either.

But for the love of vegemite, there’s no listing for Sir John Monash. Yet there’s a hundred other turd tapping, trough dwellers listed who are or were about as popular as pigs in a blanket at a barmitzvah.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 05 07 at 12:01 AM • permalink

80. Blessed are the skeptics

Posted by Pickles on 2008 05 07 at 12:05 AM • permalink

81. #69, thanks for that. I cast my vote for John Howard. Imagine the sound of all those lefty heads exploding if he won…

Posted by Art Vandelay on 2008 05 07 at 12:23 AM • permalink

82. #43: I don’t the Big Wooden Doofus has any intention of retiring. He is positioning himself to be drafted as Democratic nominee when the convention (in Denver!!!) finds itself facing the prospect of fielding Shrillary or The Black Guy, each unelectable, against McCain.

After the first round of balloting fails to establish a winner, it’s my understanding that the delegates are released from their pledges and can vote for whomsoever they like—in this case the party elder’s most likely pick, The Polar Bears’ Pal.

Posted by Phranger on 2008 05 07 at 12:53 AM • permalink

83. #79 - Military types are not favoured, evidently.

Pompey Elliot is missing as well as Sir John Monash.  The actor Charles Chauvel (who?) is listed but his rightly famous uncle, General Sir Henry Chauvel, the first Australian to command a Corps, is not.

Posted by Ubique on 2008 05 07 at 12:54 AM • permalink

84. #83 - No Les Darcy either. A man whose funeral was attended by 500,000 in Melbourne. Obviously by popular they mean to the book club crowd.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 05 07 at 01:01 AM • permalink

85. TommyS @76
    Doesn’t everyone laugh at OSU, no reason necessary?

Cheers

Posted by J.M. Heinrichs on 2008 05 07 at 01:11 AM • permalink

86. #62 WC:

Ummm… Okay, first of all, the battle cry is “Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!” The second of which, nobody outside of Texas does. More importantly, and I’ll say this as politely as possible, please do not include a legitimate battle fought between two armies between the Unabomber & 9/11.

I’m sure you’re making a point I’m missing, but, as a once and future Texan, thou shalt not take our most heroic battle site in vain.

Posted by brett_l on 2008 05 07 at 01:22 AM • permalink

87. #79 Infidel Tiger

From my reading of the ABC’s rules, you don’t have to choose from the list and can right in your own choice if you prefer.

Posted by Spiny Norman on 2008 05 07 at 01:23 AM • permalink

88. As above, regarding the ABC’s competition, have a look at the names they have on the home page in large script: Kerry Armstrong(ABC luvvy), Phat Phil, Caroline Chisolm, Jennifer Byrne (ex ABC Hack), Bob Brown, Toni Collette, Cold Chisel!!!!!

No Monash or Les D’arcy. Daniel Johns and Matthew ‘Reg Reagan’Johns,and that utter prat Ben Lee but no Alex Jesaulenko.

Posted by Nic on 2008 05 07 at 01:30 AM • permalink

89. #17, 39 and 77

And the only cure is: more cliche!

Posted by fidens on 2008 05 07 at 03:04 AM • permalink

90. #88 I reckon they passed a clipboard with a bit of paper around the office, asking the staff who their heroes are… then chucked in a couple of Right wing people for “balance”.

Jesaulenko has been honoured by not being on the list.

Oh, and Jimmy Barnes got fellated twice, as Chold Chisel but he’s also up there on his own.

Posted by Ash_ on 2008 05 07 at 03:29 AM • permalink

91. I meant Cold. This is what I get for letting TV distract me.

Posted by Ash_ on 2008 05 07 at 03:30 AM • permalink

92. #22 Ash

I don’t know if you have seen this before but, if not, for your edification:

PETA Kills Animals

Posted by Toiling Mass on 2008 05 07 at 07:42 AM • permalink

93. #69 John Howard

Posted by stackja1945 on 2008 05 07 at 08:11 AM • permalink

94. #89.  Um, ok.

“The planet has a fever.”

And the only cure is more cowbell!

I’ll work on some new cliches.

Posted by charles austin on 2008 05 07 at 11:01 AM • permalink

95. If the planet has a fever, then we need to cool it down with a quickness.

I suggest that everyone leave their fridge doors open for the next few days. Also, if everyone would purchase a few extra big gulp drinks with extra ice, then dump them on poor hot momma earth, that should help to break the fever.

Posted by Grimmy on 2008 05 07 at 06:39 PM • permalink