<< COMMENTS 0, TRACKBACKS 0 ~ MAIN ~ OPEN THREAD II >>

OPEN THREAD III

Media bias, fear of Rove, shocking ordeals

Posted by Tim B. on 04/29/2005 at 01:18 AM
  1. As for shocking ordeals, the queue to get a beer this afternoon after work was shocking…

Posted by Scott W on 2005 04 29 at 02:28 AM • permalink

2. You should work from home!

Posted by rog2 on 2005 04 29 at 02:32 AM • permalink

3. Rove email just arrived. Apparently the revolution has been postponed (again), so we can have the weekend off.

Posted by Adam on 2005 04 29 at 03:38 AM • permalink

4. “How do you know Rove is evil?”
    “Well ‘e turned me into a NEWT!”
    “A newt?!”
    “...igotbetter.”

Posted by Patrick Chester on 2005 04 29 at 03:41 AM • permalink

5. Question: Is it acceptable to feign interest in Noam Chomsky for a chance to score with a rather attractive young woman?

If so, how much interest is acceptable?

Posted by Quentin George on 2005 04 29 at 04:34 AM • permalink

6. This is under “shocking ordeal”, by the way.

Posted by Quentin George on 2005 04 29 at 04:36 AM • permalink

7. How attractive?  Jennifer Connely attractive?  Or ‘ordinary cute’?

I would go moonbat for Jennifer Connely in a heartbeat…

Posted by Mr. Blue on 2005 04 29 at 04:47 AM • permalink

8. You could always express your interest in the young lady by reading Chomsky, and then saying how silly he is… not everyone likes people just because they agree with them, some people like those who disagree with them for informed, detailed reasons.

(Not saying you haven’t read him, but that seemed to be implied by your post…?)

I mean, Chomsky is silly, but hey… if she ain’t worth reading impassioned diatribe for, she ain’t worth havin’:D

Posted by Kyle Schuant on 2005 04 29 at 04:58 AM • permalink

9. Quentin,

I think we have all been guilty of that misdemeanor in our weaker or more inebriated moments. We can even give the phenomenon a Chomskyian name -  “Manufacturing Consent?.

If my personal experience is anything to go by; it doesn’t work. Most attractive young moonbat ladies are surrounded by moonbat blokes who liberally quote Chomsky so it hardly impresses them. What’s more, you can’t compete with dreadlocks and that fashionably unwashed look.

Posted by Adam B on 2005 04 29 at 05:50 AM • permalink

10. Damn the ABC another 8 cents of mine wasted today. our local announcer is demanding 25% of our base load power be shut down immediately and forever to save the world. I might suggest her transmitter could be first cab off the rank.

Posted by Astonished on 2005 04 29 at 05:50 AM • permalink

11. Media bias, never heard of it.  Rove, isn’t he on channel 7? Shocking ordeals: reading Noam Chomsky (and yes I have)

Posted by allan on 2005 04 29 at 06:23 AM • permalink

12. I think it entirely acceptable to fein interest in Chomsky, but always remember to tell her the truth just after you climax.

Posted by Adam on 2005 04 29 at 06:44 AM • permalink

13. Just dismiss Chomsky as being too right wing, follow with some incoherent polysyllabic babble (over her head, obviously), and…. GOAL!

Posted by nofixedabode on 2005 04 29 at 07:13 AM • permalink

14. Adam B: Exactly right. She has 99 spineless idiots who aren’t capable of pulling down an income flipping burgers, telling her what she wants to hear about uncle Noam, why is she going to want you to do the same thing?

It’s much better to expound upon the virtues of say, John Howard or Dick Cheney with a straight face. Chances are good that you will get her mad, interested or both, which is a helluva lot better than bored.

Posted by taspundit on 2005 04 29 at 07:21 AM • permalink

15. I’m really scared of Rove McManus. During his interviews, he brings out more softballs than a private school sports department - it must make him really angry until he reads his bank statement.

And Quentin, comment #13 about Chomsky being a right-winger is always going too far.

Posted by Leigh on 2005 04 29 at 07:34 AM • permalink

16. Bryan Law followed the real jeffS/Q8 link and posted at the Coalition of the Swilling.

How does one disinfect a website?

Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2005 04 29 at 07:41 AM • permalink

17. My advice is to quote Mark Steyn and Ann Coulter extensively and go home you your dignity intact – you will feel so much better in the morning.

Not if she’s a babe I won’t!!!!

Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 04 29 at 08:37 AM • permalink

18. Quentin: Following on the hees of Adam’s observation, try some anti-moonbat quotes from Victor Davis Hanson or Peggy Noonan or Lileks.  Sometimes, political opposites attract.  I remember once having a strong attraction to a curvy, outspoken feminazi who sat near me in philosophy class.  Never acted on it, though.

Posted by Baby M on 2005 04 29 at 08:40 AM • permalink

19. Mr. Bingley, looks like you did a good job, a la’ Andrea Harris.  I can imagine Bryla asking for a HEAT round.

Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 04 29 at 08:44 AM • permalink

20. oddly, i can imagine him enjoying it JeffS!

Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2005 04 29 at 09:16 AM • permalink

21. Jennifer Connelly was amazing when she still had a little baby fat, but now that she’s adopted that fashionable “I take heroin AND have a personal trainer” look, well… it’s sad, really.  It’s what ruined Christina Ricci as well…

Posted by BruceW on 2005 04 29 at 09:39 AM • permalink

22. Bryan Law followed the real jeffS/Q8 link and posted at the Coalition of the Swilling.

How does one disinfect a website?

I have had a couple of Mushaq comments on my blog - all very civil. I think there is something specifically about this blog that brings out the strange side of Mr Heidleberg.

Blair derangement syndrome?

Posted by Adam B on 2005 04 29 at 09:48 AM • permalink

23. Yeah, I just don’t get that heroin-look Bruce. Blech.

Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2005 04 29 at 09:51 AM • permalink

24. Noam Chomsky?  Just make up something, and say it’s in chapter 22 of whatever Chomsky title you can remember.  No one has ever read a Chomsky book that far.

Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 04 29 at 10:13 AM • permalink

25. Why does this thread have more comments than Open Thread and Open Thread II? ... I’m putting my money on Open Thread II having the most comments by the time Tim returns because I’ve posted a comment there ... good night for the last time ... Stevo

Posted by Stevo on 2005 04 29 at 10:29 AM • permalink

26. I have a theory that the Aussie bloggers are all off somewhere lifting elbows together.
    That would explain the open threads and mysterious absences.

Posted by RebeccaH on 2005 04 29 at 10:47 AM • permalink

27. Dang it, I’m always late for these things.

Ok, first, what memo from Karl Rove? There was a memo?  Here again I get forgotten.  Did somebody leave me off the Evil Minions list again?  Helloooo.  I’m here, I want to be included.  I want the faxes.  I want to know about the “hey, let’s screw CBS this time, shall we?” meetings.  I ask Richard McEnroe “is there a meeting?”  He says he doesn’t now.  I ask The Real JeffS.  Nothing.  I ask Lileks.  He’s busy playing with gnat.  I ask Reynolds and all I get is a “heh”.  What is that suppose to mean?  I ask, I ask, and nobody tells me anything.  Why?

And why is Jeff Gannon the teacher’s pet?  I want to be the chosen one.  Is anyone listening to me?

(calms down, kicks the dachsund)

Second, I have been known to express my thoughts about the need for an Equal Rights Amendment to secure the rights for all women to have absolute equal rights with men.  Until I get what I want.  Then I tell them to get their skanky asses in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.  And bring me a beer.

I may be rightwing, but I’m not stupid.

Posted by wronwright on 2005 04 29 at 10:49 AM • permalink

28. Yes, but you kicked a dachsund.

Posted by ErnieG on 2005 04 29 at 11:13 AM • permalink

29. #26 RebeccaH:
    It goes back to the Rum Rebellion which featured Governer Bligh, who also featured in fillums such as Mutiny on the Bounty and Mutiny on the Bounty II ... I believe there is a third episode with Mel Gibson but I have yet to watch it.  Hope that explains the Australian condition ... ;-)

Posted by Stevo on 2005 04 29 at 11:15 AM • permalink

30. Quentin, bone up on anti-Chomsky literature as others have suggested.  Then calmly dissect anything favorable she has to say about the man’s work.

She will probably end the discussion with arms crossed facing away from you.  Then you can return to your cocktail and ignore her.

Within 48 hours she’ll be your slave.

This is experience talking. ;-)

Posted by Rittenhouse on 2005 04 29 at 11:30 AM • permalink

31. The boys are back in town Andrea.Come back cyber-supernanny.
    A.B.Friggin C website’s online quiz says two thirds of respondents think we should never have gone to war in Iraq.Of course that’s only A.B.C. consumers, who make up about 15% of the population on a good day.
    Their followup poll after this triumphant effort is the question"When do you think we should get out of Iraq?” answered by 47 respondents.

Posted by crash on 2005 04 29 at 11:32 AM • permalink

32. #26) I have a theory that the Aussie bloggers are all off somewhere lifting elbows together.
    That would explain the open threads and mysterious absences.

The borg collective is gathering it’s rove minions for a battle against the evil sith lord abcnbccbsfox.

As for the Blog News Service, a lot of work needs to be done and a lot of questions answered. An editorial board consisting of Glenn Reynolds, PowerLine, Lawrence Kudlow, Hugh Hewitt, Marc Cooper, Wretchard of the Belmont Club and Tim Blair, as well as the founders, is already in place with other bloggers in many countries having signed on as contributors.

Posted by 13times on 2005 04 29 at 12:12 PM • permalink

33. It is ok to feign interest in Gnome Chomsky, just don’t kick the dachsund.

Posted by Kofi Annan on 2005 04 29 at 12:24 PM • permalink

34. Quentin—it’s a Faust thing. As Faust, who had sold his soul to the devil for knowledge, still talked about God with Gretchen and even schooled her on theology, so you might get an extra kick out of acting like a Marxist for a few weeks for her benefit. And when she finally cottons on to your own unsanctified state [statues of Marx weeping in your presence, etc.], perhaps Dark Master Rove will be nice enough to find you a nice conservative succubus. Or maybe presidency for life of a small Balkan country—I don’t know the exact exchange rate for a soul these days.

Posted by alyosha on 2005 04 29 at 12:26 PM • permalink

35. Hey, Tim, here’s a suggestion for an open thread title:

“What Is It With Chicks, Anyway?”

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 29 at 12:30 PM • permalink

36. wronwright:

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 29 at 12:36 PM • permalink

37. Under “Shocking Ordeals” - I’ve got Music Choice on, and they just played Nickelback, followed by Linkin Park. Such suckage. What will they play next - Bush? Korn? Good Charlotte?

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 29 at 12:41 PM • permalink

38. Ah, it was Godsmack. Cool. I know it’s wrong to dig them, but I do.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 29 at 12:49 PM • permalink

39. OK, now they’re playing Evanescence, which puts me smack in my Evanescence quandry, to wit:

Does Evanescence blow, or rock? It’s either one or the other, and I can’t decide.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 29 at 01:09 PM • permalink

40. Yes, but you kicked a dachsund.

Oh yeah, you know what I say to that?

Little Yippie is yipping all the time.  Yip, yip, yip.  All right, I’ll let you out.  Yip, yip, yip.  Ok, ok, here’s your Alpo.  Yip, yip, yip.  Hey, it’s Alpo, that’s what mommy bought you.  Eat it you stupid dog.  Yip, yip, yip.  What?  Yip, yip, yip.  Look, I don’t speak freaky deaky dachsund.  Yip, yip, yip.  Your dog chew.  You want your dog chew?  It’s upstairs.  You want it, you trot up there and get it.

Look, I’m in a very bad mood.  Evidently, everyone here’s getting faxes galore, faxes about plots, faxes about doomsday devices, faxes about the planned retreat at Kuwait—yes, I know about it.  No one invited me.  Yes, I know very well that’s where Andrea is, arranging the guest villas and planned entertainment.  Yes, I’m fully aware that Tim is flying up there to personally make sure everything is prepared for the arrival of “very important guests”.  Hence, Andrea’s somewhat testy mood lately with Omar and dopey.

Well here it is people.  I bought a cattle prod.  I was going to use it at the next Protest Warrior meet up.  But I think I need to break it in.  Either Karl Rove sends me a fax TODAY!  Or little Yippie gets yapped.

Posted by wronwright on 2005 04 29 at 04:36 PM • permalink

41. Evanescense are the new Meatloaf: discuss.

Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2005 04 29 at 06:34 PM • permalink

42. Evanescence blows - especially when radio stations like FOX-FM (not to be confused with Rupert’s Fox network) play the same song 3 or 4 times a day.

Posted by steve68 on 2005 04 29 at 06:51 PM • permalink

43. Hey! Roadie was great cinema.  Nothing better for a home double bill with Get Crazy!

Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 04 29 at 08:29 PM • permalink

44. “Evanescense are the new Meatloaf: discuss.”

Holy shit. I think you just nailed it.

Meat Loaf sucks, but you love listening to him.  Yeah, you, reading this - I’m talking about you, pally. You know you do. We all do. Resistance is futile.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 29 at 08:49 PM • permalink

45. Ask The <strike>Imam</strike> Grand Ayatollah Of The Crimson Pizza Jihad:

First, in order to Ask The Ayatollah, one must pray for clarity—by “feign interest in Noam”, do you mean “sexual interest” or “academic interest”?  If the latter, would you be fawning over his work in linguistics, or in his pud-squeezing anti-American moonbat stuff?

The GA of the CPJ will assume you mean the moonbat stuff.  So.

Consulting the I-Ching/Sun-Tzu/Hitchhikers Guide, my answer comes from Allah thusly:

A man must speak truth to remain a man, but truth can always be effectively marketed to ones target audience in order to get laid.

In this case, tell the blowup-doll that you “are over” Mr. Chomsky’s ideas.  Pretend, (but never explicitly declare!), that you once were enamored of him, but have come to recognize the limitations of his geo-political-ethnocentric-economically-distanced views (tsk tsk!)  In other words, flip the table, flip the onus—insinuate that you are even more enlightened and more concerned for the causes this Chomsky dingbat claims to champion, coloring your rhetoric with faint touches of Kerryesque belittling and elitist snobbery.  Provide explicit quotations from the twit’s writing to maintain the illusion that you have indeed read his schlock.

If the sheepette continues to defend the moron, then turn your back in mild disgust, as if to say, “Ah, if only others could see how Chomsky has fallen prey to his animal-capitalist-celebrity-loving dark side…”

And finally, The Ayatollah recommends you try to score with Ann Coulter types in the future, thus obviating the necessity for readers of Tim Blair to deal with this nonsense.

Posted by zeppenwolf on 2005 04 29 at 09:06 PM • permalink

46. Not so subtle media bias can be seen in one of these reports on the Sgrena shooting incident.

Posted by J F Beck on 2005 04 30 at 12:53 AM • permalink

47. Evanescence and Meatloaf have pretty much zero musical similarities, but that would be obvious to anyone who listened to more than one song from either artist.

Posted by Leigh on 2005 04 30 at 04:55 AM • permalink

48. Tim’s tactic to keep us all busy until he gets to Kuwait has only been partially successful!

Posted by blogstrop on 2005 04 30 at 05:00 AM • permalink

49. Mike Steketee in The Australian (you know where it is):
    It is not hard to exploit the fear of a small population in a vast continent towards foreigners, particularly those who look different than ourselves. Would public attitudes or government policy have been the same if it had been a few boatloads of people from Zimbabwe reaching our shores - whites, that is - rather than Afghans and Iraqis?
    We would quite understand why the Zimbabwean whites might want to leave, and they have been leaving. Just like the many South Africans who are here now. But they still have to go through the usual hoops to get here, such as having sponsors. Australian are extremely good at accepting foreigners. We have been at it for a long time. So don’t come the old xenophobia argument.
    If Mike thinks we have no reason to be fearful of some people who are coming here, legally or illegally, he is one of a band of msm hacks who want to denigrate Australians while denying the obvious.
    His column had no mention of the real problems being caused by at least one section of our increasingly fragmented community.

Posted by blogstrop on 2005 04 30 at 08:18 AM • permalink

50. “Evanescence and Meatloaf have pretty much zero musical similarities, but that would be obvious to anyone who listened to more than one song from either artist.”

A generic-rock sound with a gradiosly (sp?)over-the-top vocalist. I see it.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 08:26 AM • permalink

51. Not much activity scheduled from Great Leader Rove this weekend. Things are a bit up in the air with the Killbot recall (some malfunction of the targeting sensors, apparently.) In the meantime, we’re just supposed to continue training with the Ninjas and work on upgrades for the Mind Control Beam.

Oh thanks Dave S.  Let’s see:
    - not much activity this weekend = probably because of the Great Kuwait Neocon Retreat, of which I was not invited.  Fine.
    - Killbot being recalled = damn.  I said all along not to assign this to the Aussies.  It’s mechanical I said.  The Aussies don’t fix things, they beat up things.  That’s what I said.  Swiss neocons I suggested. No one listens to me.  No one.
    - continue working out with Ninjas = check.  I got the nunchutkas working well, but the Chinese death throwing stars are still hard for me to handle.  I need to work harder on it.  Focus.
    - Mind Control Beam = check.  Good, good.

Posted by wronwright on 2005 04 30 at 11:14 AM • permalink

52. A generic-rock sound with a gradiosly (sp?)over-the-top vocalist. I see it.

You forgot the overproduced bombastic instrumentation. That said, I quite enjoy Evanescence. I’m too young to have ever got interested in what boomer-generation folks will tell me was actual good rock music, so I’ll make do with what’s reasonably fresh and available now. And as sad as that may be to some people, Evanescence really is one of the better acts around these days.

Posted by PW on 2005 04 30 at 12:18 PM • permalink

53. “the Chinese death throwing stars are still hard for me to handle.”

You know, when you hit someone with one of those, you can really - uh - well, really annoy them.

“Hey, what about the plan to turn the Grand Mosque of Mecca into a Burger King?  Any progress?”

Getting there. The subliminal messages have been implanted in the new BK ad campaign (most people think the commercials are “kitschy” or “quirky” or “fucking stupid and creepy” - little do they know, bwahahahahaha!!!) Stage II will be implemented immediately after the conversion, with the menu revisions - the Big PorK sandwich, Swinion Rings, and pork-lard based shakes are all in beta testing.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 02:07 PM • permalink

54. “You forgot the overproduced bombastic instrumentation.”

Quite right.

“I’m too young to have ever got interested in what boomer-generation folks will tell me was actual good rock music”

Yeah, right. I’ve got three letters for you - E, L, and O.

I’m one of those leading-edge Gen-X codgers. Oh, did we have music in our day! Nirvana! Stone Temple Pilots! Smithereens! Smashing Pumpkins! That was music, I tells ya! Not like this garbage the kids listen to today, with their Limp Biscuits and their Corns and their Sum Forty-whatevers.

“And as sad as that may be to some people, Evanescence really is one of the better acts around these days.”

Hey, don’t apologize. I dig Godsmack. Don’t I get grief for that.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 02:15 PM • permalink

55. Great Dave S.  It truly sounds like we’re making progress.

By the way, my 6 month probationary period is, I believe, coming to a close.  I can’t be sure but I believe it’s down to 6 days, 5 hours, and 19 minutes.

Has anyone, um, mentioned, like you know, my name? As worthy of becoming a full fledged member of the Dealth Cult Known as Conservatism?  Hmmmm?  I’ve been button holing members and asking them to support me.  McEnroe, Achillea, PW, entropy, underscore, Steve68, The Real JeffS, RebeccaH., and a slew of others.  I’ve baked cupcakes in the shape of Bradley personnel carriers and FedExed them to members.  I’ve sent little notes with pretty pictures of dogs and cats on the front with messages of “just thinking of you” and “I sure hope you’re having a nice day!”

Is it working?  Is anyone mentioning my name?  Maybe perhaps even Lord Evil Karl Rove himself?

Posted by wronwright on 2005 04 30 at 03:14 PM • permalink

56. wronwright:

Look, if you look too eager, that kind of queers it for you, y’know? You gotta play it a cool. It’s like dancing in the end zone versus just handing the ball to the ref - when you slip some powdered pepperoni into the hummus at a Vegans 4 Peace rally, act like you’ve been there before.

Just pay your dues, fetch the coffee, make sure the jackboots are spit-shined, and before you know it you’ll be the one Fedexing the Onion articles and obvious forgeries to Hillary C. to use in her campaign speeches.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 03:29 PM • permalink

57. Now ya see, wronwright, that’s one of the problems with your last evaluation:

There is no situation where a Chinese throwing star is appropriate where a Claymore mine isn’t even better.

Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 04 30 at 06:25 PM • permalink

58. That’s why it’s called a Claymore and not a Clayless.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 07:46 PM • permalink

59. Media Bias
    A bit of “home truth” history from a Vietnamese at this time of reflection on The Vietnam War. Excellent article.

Posted by blogstrop on 2005 04 30 at 10:10 PM • permalink

60. Yes, yes, must not appear too eager.  Check.

Yes, Claymores in, stars out.  Check.

Of course, no one said jack to me about Claymores.  What Claymores?  We have Claymores?  When?  They only gave me these damn stars.  And they’re too sharp.  I’ve got band-aids on top of band-aids, they’re that sharp.  When was someone going to mention the Claymores?

Or is that something that only the elite members get?  What, what am I?  I bet blogstrop has Claymores in both pockets.  I bet RebeccaH has them in her purse.

Oh, you live in Ohio?, they asked me.  Oh, maybe you can help us.  Would you like to become part of an evil organization destined to rule the world while wearing very chic jack boots?  Uh, sure, why not.

Yeah sure, days, weeks, months I spent canvassing small Ohio towns, villages, begging tobacco chewing farmers to vote for President Bush.  “What about that Kerry guy those English poofs were writing me about?”, they asked me.  Toilet paper I said.  Wipe you butt with it I said.  Return to sender I said.  The sacrifices I made for Bush.  All for Bush.  Everything for Bush.

And what did it get me?  Chinese throwing stars, that’s what.  Not Claymores, stars.

Just wait until I ascend.  The Masonic Lodge is next.  Then the Priority of Sion.  Then, hmmm.  Yes, the Knights Templar.  Ultimate infinite power.  Then I’m throwing these damn stars away.  I’m getting me some Claymores!

Posted by wronwright on 2005 04 30 at 10:33 PM • permalink

61. I’ve been button holing members and asking them to support me.

Well, you’re wrong to ask me…as a furriner, I can’t get security clearance to Rove’s Inner Circle myself. Maybe if I converted, I could go the Zionist Overlord route and get in that way…

Posted by PW on 2005 04 30 at 11:00 PM • permalink

62. Well, if you’re an Aussie, you get to be a Deputy Rovian. Just like John Howard says. Apparently.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 11:24 PM • permalink

63. It’s like this, Wron - you got the throwing stars because you’re a Pussywillow. When you graduate to Junior Camper, you’ll get a pocketknife. You’ll get the Claymores when you’re fully ascended.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 30 at 11:28 PM • permalink

64. Would public attitudes or government policy have been the same if it had been a few boatloads of people from Zimbabwe reaching our shores - whites, that is ... ?

I’ve been trying to figure out where Steketee gets his outrageously insulting view that Australians in general are afraid of foreigners, particularly those that look different to the rest of us.  I think it must be projection and the influence of the circles in which he moves.

Where my mother goes to church (not far from Bankstown) they have an extra service just for the Zimbabweans (because the Zimbabweans like to hang around together and they asked for it) and every so often there’s a group get-together thing where everyone gets along just fine and it’s really easy to pick the Zimbabweans ... because they’re all black.  Mum also gets on well with her next door neighbours.  Indeed she’s practically part of their family.  They’re Lebanese Christians.

My son works with some (black, Christian) Sudanese and he protects them from the officious bureaucrats running the place because he knows the Sudanese came by the slow route from the refugee camps and need a little help from time to time.  My sister-in-law is Indonesian.  My brother-in-law is Jewish.  One cousin married a Hong Kong Chinese, another married a Japanese.  And Steketee’s a complete dill.

Posted by Janice on 2005 05 01 at 12:53 AM • permalink

65. Why does this thread have more comments than Open Thread and Open Thread II? ... I’m putting my money on Open Thread II having the most comments by the time Tim returns because I’ve posted a comment there ... good night for the last time ... Stevo

Stevo’s money aint lookin to good right now.

Godsmack rock, although their first album was meh imo.
    Evanescence are ok, although more than 3 songs and i want to slit my wrists.

- Killbot being recalled = damn. I said all along not to assign this to the Aussies… Swiss neocons I suggested. No one listens to me. No one.

We’ve been over this before, they werent chosen because they would have to deal with this shite.

Posted by RhikoR on 2005 05 01 at 03:32 AM • permalink

66. Can I just say re this entire Evanescence/Godsmack thing that I do not have the slightest idea of what you are going on about.  Oh my God I am not even forty yet and I am Old OLd OLD!

Posted by Just Another Bloody Lawyer on 2005 05 01 at 04:43 AM • permalink

67. #64 - good one Janice!

Posted by blogstrop on 2005 05 01 at 05:24 AM • permalink

68. Media Bias

The entire god damn logies, my god they’re awful

Posted by Aging Gamer on 2005 05 01 at 08:20 AM • permalink

69. It’s like this, Wron - you got the throwing stars because you’re a Pussywillow.

I’m a what?  (removes very long Bowie knife, a distinctly American weapon, having thrown those damn throwing stars in the junk drawer)

Oh, oh, that’s a stage of my apprenticeship.  Ok mate.  (wonders where the hell they got that title from; also is gratified that Tim made this an open thread or otherwise Andrea the Avenger would have pulled her bloody sword long ago, knowing it would be most difficult to fence a sword with a damn star)

Posted by wronwright on 2005 05 01 at 09:43 AM • permalink

70. wronwright — I gotta tell ya, it’s beginning to look like you couldn’t ascend with a Joss Whedon script.  We may have to send you back to Akron for a little more AAA time…

Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 05 01 at 11:18 AM • permalink

71. Fear of Rove?

Your fears are well founded.

Posted by David Morgan on 2005 05 01 at 10:24 PM • permalink

72. I’m confused, is Ian Thorpe still a swimmer?

Posted by Aging Gamer on 2005 05 01 at 11:47 PM • permalink

73. Intellectual rodeo - score with some moonbat chick, just before climax tell her what you really think of Chomsky, then try to stay on.

Posted by Susan Norton on 2005 05 02 at 04:37 AM • permalink

74. See, only another chick could say that.

And god I’m glad one did.

Posted by Aging Gamer on 2005 05 02 at 05:20 AM • permalink

75. OMG, that’s funny!

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 05 02 at 10:13 AM • permalink

76. LOL, Susan!  Talk about riding the wild pony!!!!

Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 05 03 at 09:41 AM • permalink

77. Meat Loaf sucks, but you love listening to him.

To quote the Cowardly Lion,”Oh I do I do I do I do.”  Anybody who could use Phil Rizutto in a song and I can remember every word eons later, is…well…a GAWD.

Posted by tree hugging sister on 2005 05 03 at 02:59 PM • permalink

78. Oh!  And anybody who could write,“I’m not the one/who’s so far away/when I feel the snakebite/enter my bray-ee-ane” is also GAWDlike.

Posted by tree hugging sister on 2005 05 03 at 03:01 PM • permalink

79. Any gal who digs Godsmack is aces with me.

Although (cue Comic Book Store Guy) I believe the lyric is “I feel the snake bite into my vein.” Now if you will excuse me, I must kiss this guy.

Posted by Dave S. on 2005 05 03 at 05:51 PM • permalink