<< STOP HIM BEFORE HE CHILLS AGAIN ~ MAIN ~ PEAK PASSED >>

HERE’S TO CULTURAL DIVERSITY

AAP reports:

The highly-publicised Sydney gang rapes in 2000 were the inspiration behind this years’ ABC Fiction Award winning novel, Luck in The Greater West.

It was [Damian] McDonald’s time in Sydney’s underground music scene, living in housing commission flats and socialising with a few unsavoury characters that helped shape his first work.

“When I was at uni I was knocking about with these guys who had come from the Middle East, it was before the gang rapes hit the papers, and one night we were out and they pretty much suggested we do that,” McDonald said, referring to the violent sexual attacks by a group of now-jailed Muslim Lebanese men on young women in 2000.

McDonald, now 37, was a late enrolee at university. He’s likely discussing a night out that took place a few years prior to 2000. Read on, and prepare to be revolted:

“It never transpired, and of course, I found the whole suggestion totally abhorrent, but I thought it was definitely something I could write about,” he said.

“When that whole thing was all over the papers, I thought, these guys have a unique voice that represents a real diversity in values and cultures around us.

(Via Paul W.) McDonald has won $10,000 for this celebration of diversity. ABC Books (funded by you) will publish Luck in The Greater West later this year.

Posted by Tim B. on 03/06/2007 at 10:23 AM
  1. Kneecaps, meet ax-handle.

I can think of no other response.  What a total moral void he is.

Posted by R C Dean on 2007 03 06 at 10:41 AM • permalink

2. One can hope that his reportorial instincts are simply being cover by his obligatory bowing to the PC shibboleths in that sentence.

One can hope.

Posted by Mike G on 2007 03 06 at 10:42 AM • permalink

3. Maybe Paul will volunteer his mom, sister(s) or daughter(s) for some multicultural research to help shed light on the “other” in us all.

Posted by andycanuck on 2007 03 06 at 10:43 AM • permalink

4. Oh sure, be homophobic.  Maybe McDonald could volunteer himself to be raped & then write about it and “celebrate” the diversity.

This is the result of PC brainwashing, wherein “diversity” is of paramount importance, to the exclusion of all else, especially common sense.

Posted by rbj1 on 2007 03 06 at 10:59 AM • permalink

5. The only unique voice I want to hear from any of these vermin is one that emanates from deep inside Maximum Security and goes something like “ouch Bubba that hurts”. The Sydney gang rapists had to be moved from their original prison because of fears for their safety. Proof our prison population have a firmer grasp on reality than the ABC does.

Posted by Muzza on 2007 03 06 at 11:00 AM • permalink

6. If there’s any justice in this world, at least one violent Muslim will “take offense” at McDonald’s implication that many Muslims are potential gang-rapists.

Posted by PW on 2007 03 06 at 11:07 AM • permalink

7. Interesting - that’s the sort of quote that a satirical novelist could really work with. Someone like Jonathan Swift or Kingsley Amis. The fact that this guy can get away with statements like that kind of implies the lack of that sort of thing in contemporary Aussie literature.

Posted by TimT on 2007 03 06 at 11:12 AM • permalink

8. He calls the book a dose of “social realism” and draws upon the working class characters he became close to while living in low income accommodation.

Calling the book a dose of “social realism” ensures that I will never read it.  He strikes me as just another wannabe who went slumming for a while and then wrote airy-fairy nonsense about it.

Posted by RebeccaH on 2007 03 06 at 11:45 AM • permalink

9. The people he describes also don’t sound very “working” class to me, but I guess he’s got a different definition of work than I do.

Posted by PW on 2007 03 06 at 12:04 PM • permalink

10. A ‘unique voice’ like that is best responded to with a 12 guage and buckshot.  One per customer.

That this clown could write crap like that, let alone say these jerks ‘represents a real diversity in values and cultures’, is just flat amazing.

Posted by Firehand on 2007 03 06 at 12:05 PM • permalink

11. You have no idea how common this “thinking” is in the writing world.  One woman in my now defunct writer’s group expressed “sincere condolences to the family” when we got Uday and Qusay!

Still waiting for a word of sympathy for their victims…

Posted by Patricia on 2007 03 06 at 12:19 PM • permalink

12. Women believe in the innocence of their sons.

Posted by rhhardin on 2007 03 06 at 12:34 PM • permalink

13. Mike G.:

Not a chance.  We’ve been excusing violence committed by the politically-fashionable for decades.

But nowadays, there’s no need to bother with ritual invocations of grievance, oppression or liberation—the traditional apologetics for barbarism.  The Left believes such violence is to be expected of ‘the other’.

Think this clown’s account would be the same had he fallen in with neo-Nazi skinheads who wanted to do the same thing?

Posted by cosmo on 2007 03 06 at 12:38 PM • permalink

14. If we beat the shit out of him I’m sure he’ll say, “What a special and unconventional method of dialogue you have chosen. I can validate your cultural norms.”

Posted by Merlin on 2007 03 06 at 12:45 PM • permalink

15. O/T

Lefty wetdream update.

There is a verdict in the Libby trial.  Verdict will be read at the top of this hour.

Posted by yojimbo on 2007 03 06 at 12:49 PM • permalink

16. So. Did this genius get some of the victims to provide blurbs for the cover? Do they get free copies? After all, where would his project be without them?

And by victims, I ain’t referring to the rapists.

Posted by Blue Hen on 2007 03 06 at 01:15 PM • permalink

17. It’s 3:50am and I’m not quite thinking right but since this book hasn’t been widely reviewed yet, I’m going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt for a few moments. I believe that this work MIGHT have some redeeming features for several reasons. If you want to make leftists question their values, using quasi-Marxist and/or PC rhetoric and language can be used to make them question their assumptions.

Gang rapists and their defenders do indeed have a unique voice that represents a real diversity in values and cultures around us, leftists are likely to spend a moment thinking about the actual implications of that sentence instead of dismissing this author as a right wing hatemonger.

This could very well be anti-Muslim transgressive art wrapped up in a kebab with all the trimmings of Dialectical Materialism. If anyone else was lucky enough to watch a documentary called “Sex Bomb” on the ABC on Saturday, they’d have enjoyed a wonderful program about the British Political Warfare Executive’s brilliant utilisation of transgressive art as a tool to demoralise the enemy and to deconstruct his worldview.

Islam, especially in it’s most repulsive forms is even more fragile than National Socialism was back during the days of the PWE. They cannot handle mockery, they cannot handle reality and they cannot handle even the most benign attacks on their collective egos, look at what happened with the Danish cartoons.

Imagine yourself in this artist’s shoes. You want to mock gang rapists for the disgusting pigs that they are without being forced into hiding or rejected by our nation’s leftist cultural gatekeepers. Using this sort of language not only deflects criticism via ambiguity, it also makes sure that the people who REALLY need a cold hard dose of reality are forced to think for themselves.

Employing illogical leftist arguments like cultural relativism can work both ways. I was recently able to convince a Trotskyist that Vlad the Impaler was a hero by insisting that if he disagreed with me that he was advocating anti-Romanian cultural genocide. Sure it’s all a bunch of lies but hey, this is politics isn’t it?

Posted by AussieJim on 2007 03 06 at 01:16 PM • permalink

Are you being sarcastic, or very, very hopeful?

Posted by Blue Hen on 2007 03 06 at 02:59 PM • permalink

19. these guys have a unique voice that represents a real diversity in values and cultures around us

Aussie Jim might well be right.
    If some larrikin here said it, we’d all know he was being sarcastic.

We need to know context.
    What does Keyser Trad say about the context?

Posted by Mike_W on 2007 03 06 at 03:41 PM • permalink

20. ...these guys have a unique voice that represents a real diversity in values and cultures around us.

I think I’m going to be physically ill.

Posted by Teaparty on 2007 03 06 at 03:57 PM • permalink

21. #3 Andy, Paul is the one who put TimB onto this story. Damien McDonald is the one you’re after.

Posted by Nilknarf Arbed on 2007 03 06 at 04:18 PM • permalink

22. That this guy didn’t alert the cops or issue some kind of warning is proof people like him want to destroy basic decency in the name of “cultural diversity.”

Calling him revolting isn’t strong enough. Maybe he needs a dose of what he helped happen.

Posted by Gary from Jersey on 2007 03 06 at 04:29 PM • permalink

23. Why is it that only people on the other side of the fence (like me!) can see the utter incompatabilities of these Lefty causes? How on earth can anyone reconcile feminism with this particular “unique voice” and this “real diversity”? And that’s just one example of many.

I mean, it can’t be that hard.

Posted by SoberHT on 2007 03 06 at 04:43 PM • permalink

“Feminism” is a political agenda.  You have to judge “womens’ rights” in that context and not what is right or wrong in a moral sense or context.

Just ask a Paula Jones.

Posted by yojimbo on 2007 03 06 at 05:03 PM • permalink

25. Maybe a dose of old fashioned Texas culture would work well in this situation.

There was a time when “he needed killing” was a viable legal defense in Texas.

So, get some multiculti Texas style before that idjit decides to play out his fantasy.

Posted by Grimmy on 2007 03 06 at 05:17 PM • permalink

26. Not knowing anything about McDonald, I can’t tell if he’s just choosing his words veeery carefully or whether he feels this “unique voice” and the moral and cultural “diversity” it speaks to is worthy of celebration or deserves censure. Knowing a little bit about ABC, I would expect McDonald’s treatment of these “unsavoury characters” to be at least somewhat sympathetic. A “we certainly don’t condone gang rape, but, on the other hand, we do understand where these guys were coming from” kind of thing. One of the judges called it a “compelling insight”. We’ll have to wait to see to what conclusions that insight lead. My guess is it lead to an “understanding” that given the cultural/social fabric of their lives, these men could not have turned out otherwise.

Posted by Kyda Sylvester on 2007 03 06 at 05:31 PM • permalink

27. My experience with a lebanese young male was thankfully only via the internet in a game we both enjoyed.  He and I were leaders of our team for a stint.  It ended when he kept abusing team members and deleting them.  He eventually organised for the whole team to be wiped.  In our last conversation he said he would “rape my mother, rape my sister”.  I objected.  He just laughed and said don’t take it seriously it’s just the way “we” talk.  i pointed out some of “you” go further than just talk - he laughed.  I later found out he was facing an assault with knife charge but his rich daddy and mates made sure he got off.

Long story short - while this fellow does not represent them all, walking around parramatta shopping centre, seeing them group together and throw comments at girls, making everyone feel uncomfortable - why I am not surprised they have earned this aweful reputation?

Interesting viewpoint on this artist - what he said makes me want to vomit, but I can understand the difficulty of writing anything about this “culture” without then fearing for your own life.

In response, I would say that isn’t it better to write warts and all, without the bullshit salad dressing, and include their likely response to critical review with violent words, being their culture, to expose it clearly for all to see?

Are they born with this or is it environmental?

Posted by peter m on 2007 03 06 at 06:16 PM • permalink

28. I can’t tell if Mr. McDonald has a very dry wit or if he is being serious. If serious, comment #1 applies.

Posted by dean martin on 2007 03 06 at 06:39 PM • permalink

29. Diversity means low quality.

That’s just more proof.

Posted by Rob Read on 2007 03 06 at 07:06 PM • permalink

30. I know a few Lebanese Christian working-class types. They’re not exactly happy with what the Muslims have done to their community’s reputation.

Posted by Evil Pundit on 2007 03 06 at 07:14 PM • permalink

31. Here’s a possible subject for McDonald’s next book:
    A Saudi woman who was kidnapped at knifepoint, gang-raped and then beaten by her brother has been sentenced to 90 lashes — for meeting a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported yesterday.

Posted by Angela Bell on 2007 03 06 at 07:18 PM • permalink

32. He’s fairly ambiguous, he sounds emotionally broken on the inside.  His Australian sisters have been degraded so much by these Lebanese Muslim thugs that he has detached himself from the victim’s race and culture – his own race and culture – which is the goal of the Left.  He probably expected these Lebo thugs to be punished for their behavior, but saw them grow even stringer when challenged and aided by not just the ABC, but the Leftist victim machine.

Parts of Sydney are now “no go” zones, where Sharia (of sorts) is already implemented, it wont be long before Aussie girls will start wearing hijabs (though not Muslim) to just walk around without being degraded, spat on, named called or raped.  As they do in parts of Europe now.

Although the moral relativity is sickening, I think that he is trying to criticize the Muslim Lebo gangs (not just the rapists in jail but the whole sub-culture) inside an ABC consumable ultra-Leftist audience.

He appears to be criticizing the Muslim rapists, and the ABC may allow this, so long as it serves a pretext for further bashing of Australian culture - because the “Aussie Male” made the Lebos do it.

I feel very sorry for the Lebanese Christian community.

Posted by Dan__W on 2007 03 06 at 07:45 PM • permalink

33. #23,

I think the lefts’ usual arguments are like a game of ‘rock, scissors, paper’. You know, feminist argument beats normal male, cultural diversity beats feminist argument and so forth.

Posted by Nic on 2007 03 06 at 07:46 PM • permalink

34. ABC Books (funded by you) will publish Luck in The Greater West later this year.

Is that a typo?

Posted by Dan Lewis on 2007 03 06 at 07:49 PM • permalink

35. #21 Thank you for noting my error, Nilknarf Arbed. My apologies, Paul, for misreading the post. (With the only excuse for my grave error being my having been on the way out the door for work. Again, my apologies.)

Posted by andycanuck on 2007 03 06 at 07:55 PM • permalink

36. these guys have a unique voice that represents a real diversity in values and cultures around us.

Yes, I’m revolted.

Can he hear himself? Adding insult to injury, he’s given money to pursue this?

The “it’s cultural” defence is rubbish. It is anti-culture.

Why is it that so few people can see that multiculturalism is unacceptable? Especially now that rape, voilent assault and even murder use the ‘culture’ defence? It’s amoral.

Posted by kae on 2007 03 06 at 08:18 PM • permalink

37. I look forward to hearing more of their unique voices after I burn their testicles off with a blow torch and remove with pliers their filthy taqiyya spouting tongues.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 03 06 at 08:22 PM • permalink

38. Try getting a grant to write a book on what a pack of cowardly, insecure, socially retarded, developmentally challenged and atavistic pack of douchebags SW Sydney Lebs (and rapist/gangbangers in particular)- you’d have more chance of simultaneously winning powerball, saturday lotto and the Melbourne Cup with Darren Beadman on your back.

Posted by Habib on 2007 03 06 at 08:25 PM • permalink

39. More, related, cultural diversity in action:

Posted by andycanuck on 2007 03 06 at 08:39 PM • permalink

40. So morally bankrupt has the ABC and the left become that it now glorifies gang rape on the grounds of cultural diversity.  The underlying problem here is the left’s obsessive hatred of John Howard. It has reached the point of madness that anything John Howard is for must be opposed and anything that John Howard opposes is worthy of support. Howard has criticised the rapists. If Howard were to come out today and say eating babies was wrong, Fairfax and the ABC would next day have stories about how to make your two year old into dinner party for six and still have some left over for sandwiches tomorrow.

Posted by Contrail on 2007 03 06 at 08:41 PM • permalink

41. Perhaps this ‘person’ might like to call Tegan Wagner and get her take on this whole ‘cultural diversity’ thing.

Posted by darrinhV2 on 2007 03 06 at 08:47 PM • permalink

42. Great restaurants, colourful suburbs, awesome drugs and pack raping western sluts.  Hooray for multiculturalism!!!

Posted by bondo on 2007 03 06 at 08:49 PM • permalink

43. #40 Several times I have attempted to come up with some whitty posting but couldn’t. I think your “So morally bankrupt has the ABC and the left become that it now glorifies gang rape on the grounds of cultural diversity” sums it up.

There’s nothing funny here. Just a profound moral slumber. When will these arsehats see the knife at their throat?

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 03 06 at 09:06 PM • permalink

44. This is nothing new for the left. In 1968, Eldridge Cleaver described his rape of white women as “an insurrectionary act. It delighted me that I was defying and trampling upon the white man’s law ... defiling his women.”

Nic # 33 is exactly right. Multi-culti trumps women’s rights every time.

Posted by Stace on 2007 03 06 at 09:12 PM • permalink

45. Race trumps gender.

Posted by Dan__W on 2007 03 06 at 09:14 PM • permalink

I had to re-read that article about 5x.  So a 19 year old girl who gets gang-raped 14x is sentenced to 90 lashes.

90 lashes.  90 lashes? Wouldn’t that kill you?

For being seen out with a man who was not a relative?

Still, i’m more concerned about giving David Hicks a fair trial.  After all, he’s a man right?  And men are more important than women, right?

Memo to Australia’s feminists.  Why the fuck are you not storming the Saudi Embassy in protest?

Posted by pommygranate on 2007 03 06 at 09:18 PM • permalink

47. I’d just like to point out one thing. When you Aussies talk of the “Lebs” I think you are really talking of the muslim Arabs. The other Lebs are Christian and good guys, very few gang rapers there.

The Christian Lebs are, generally, the remains of the Phoenicians, just like the Coptic Christians are the remains of the real Egyptians.

Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 03 06 at 09:24 PM • permalink

48. or the Marionites (who are Christians_)

The Arab Lebs are dumb dumbs!

Posted by 1.618 on 2007 03 06 at 09:41 PM • permalink

49. Um—the “remains”? I think—I hope—you mean “descendants.”

Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2007 03 06 at 09:42 PM • permalink

50. Mt boss at work is a Christian lebanese and a nice chap.He loathes the Muslim lebs because of what they did to his family to make them flee in the 50’s, and now for bringing odium upon the lebanese in general here in Australia.
    Im with wimpy canadian, I tried but cant really think of anything witty or clever to say on this subject.

Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 03 06 at 09:44 PM • permalink

51. We loathe them now, hang on, it’s us who are the dumb dumbs!

Posted by 1.618 on 2007 03 06 at 09:48 PM • permalink

52. O/T - Racing at Warwick Farm today and I can’t see why 5.11 Rikkizar can’t just about lead all the way even if there is a fair bit of pace in the race. This is the weakest field he’s been in for ages.

Posted by Jack Lacton on 2007 03 06 at 10:05 PM • permalink

You are quite correct.

Sadly, the term “Lebanese” or abbreviatied slang “Leb” (as opposed to specifying Muslims) has caused no end of frsutration to the Christian/Maronite Lebanese who feel precisely the same way as many of us, and left Lebanon for similar reasons.

It is unfortunate that the media continue to refer to “Lebanese gangs” as opposed to “Lebanese Muslim gangs” and the distinction probably is lost on many Aussies.

Posted by Dan Lewis on 2007 03 06 at 10:08 PM • permalink

54. So he’s 37, never had a real job and has an association with our their ABC. I guess he could run for Bennelong around 2010 after Maxine is sent packing.

Posted by Justin on 2007 03 06 at 10:08 PM • permalink

55. Are they allowed to call them Lebanese Muslim gangs?

Whenever I hear of Lebanese gang I always think Muslim. Especially if they are spoken of as doing something antisocial, sociopathic or violent.

Posted by kae on 2007 03 06 at 10:14 PM • permalink

56. A bit like “Men of no appearance”.

Posted by kae on 2007 03 06 at 10:15 PM • permalink

57. #52 Jeez, the mortgage broker is getting sick of my calls, but thanks Jack

Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 06 at 10:20 PM • permalink

58. #55, I always automatically translate ‘leb’ to Muslim Lebanese.

Posted by darrinhV2 on 2007 03 06 at 10:23 PM • permalink

59. I’ve got nothing against Maronite Lebanese- they’ve been here for ages and fitted in, many becoming very successful. The Shi’ite/Sunni yahoos that infest SW Sydney are a different matter- they’re the main reason the Maronites fled the place; Lebanon used to be quite a wealthy, advanced country until these demented peasants (with the help of Muslim Arab neighbours) turned the place into a smouldering shitheap.

Good brief history here- notable is the statement that surrounding Arab dictatorships and Theocracies have been working toward the collapse of a democratic, inclusive and secular Lebanon, as they have with Israel; western democracy and modernity seem to be a greater enemy than any rival religion.

Mal and Gough should be held in contempt (or even better, one of these) for inflicting this rabble on us; ditto for their douchebag apologists. A pox on all of them.

Posted by Habib on 2007 03 06 at 10:31 PM • permalink

60. I’ve sobered up but I stand by most of what I said. It’s simply impossible to put a positive spin on racially motivated gang rape that even a fraction of the hard-left will buy. At the end of the day, any book that forces readers to think about these gang rapes will make most of its readers less sympathetic to the gang rapists.

Also, to all of you who’d like to beat the shit out of McDonald, I really don’t see what that would accomplish. Even if he is as bad as you’re suggesting, that can only be a blessing for us, just as it would be a blessing if Anthony Mundine wins a place in the NSW legislature (I’d vote for him). Just think of the potential backlash.

Posted by AussieJim on 2007 03 06 at 11:30 PM • permalink

61. Someone might have mentioned it, but Paul Sheehan wrote a book called Girls Like You about another series of Sydney rapes, sheeting home blame to the perpetrators.

Leftwing media were decidely touchy about it. Reviews had more buts and howevers than a Maxine McKew interview with a Howard Government minister, as reported by Sharon Lapkin at FrontPage:

In Australia, when journalist Paul Sheehan reported honestly on the Sydney gang rapes, he was called a racist and accused of stirring up anti-Muslim hatred. And when he reported in his Sydney Morning Herald column that there was a high incidence of crime amongst Sydney’s Lebanese community, fellow journalist, David Marr sent him an e-mail stating, “That is a disgraceful column that reflects poorly on us all at the Herald.”

Posted by ilibcc on 2007 03 06 at 11:31 PM • permalink

62. David Marr has nothing to worry about as he has no credibility left to lose.

Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 06 at 11:42 PM • permalink

63. McDonald, now 37, was a late enrolee at university.

So that’s after what, 20 years of remedial courses?

Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2007 03 06 at 11:51 PM • permalink

64. In accordance with these new found Australian values, I propose releasing the boys from prison. They were just broadening the strata of our community and displaying the new diversity. For her cultural insensitivity, the young slut who allowed herself to be raped should be tracked down and stoned to death in Martin Place. We can all then join hands and go and get a kebab with tabouli.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 03 06 at 11:52 PM • permalink

Hmmm yes I suppose this would be perfectly logical.  What do you suggest?  Would a media campaign showing faces of the young innocent boys and a float at next years Mardi Gras do?

Posted by Wand on 2007 03 07 at 12:11 AM • permalink

66. Yes, they are fine suggestions. I would also add a dance troupe, a musical and it would be nice if a visiting musician would write their names on an inflatable pig. Would be super if Ray Martin, SBS & ABC management and staff would get behind* them as well.

Actually I’d love it if they were in front of them copping it leb style.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 03 07 at 12:18 AM • permalink

67. Just a thought, but I can think of a few cases lately where people emerged from the underbelly of society, with a tale to tell and a book to sell, who turned out to be frauds
    And it’s not hard to con publishers if that’s what you do for a living.  This guy might be what he says he is, but I’m just sayin’, is all.

Posted by cuckoo on 2007 03 07 at 12:19 AM • permalink

68. The late Nobel laureate Patrick White was such an inspiration to the young writer Damian McDonald that he named the hero of his first novel, Luck in the Greater West, after him.

But McDonald’s Patrick White - or Whitey for short - is a drug dealer and petty criminal living in Sydney’s western suburbs. “I thought the name was a quite stereotypically Anglo-Saxon kind of name,” says McDonald. “So in this multicultural environment I am writing about, I think it’s a good name to represent that white Australian, Aussie-bloke kind of person.”

mmm.  something tells me that i’m not going to enjoy his book.

Posted by pommygranate on 2007 03 07 at 12:21 AM • permalink

69. It’s time for the Board to call in Mark Scott for a full blown “please explain” session. The ABC is very nearly out of control.

Posted by Bonmot on 2007 03 07 at 12:22 AM • permalink

70. Nerly? It’s been out of control for some time, out of its collective mind even longer; once it followed the BBCs example of correct pronounciation, accuracy and impartiality, now it follows it in idiocy, ignorance and propagandising the cause du jour.

Why is the Federal Govt so scared about putting this failed experiment in social(ist) engineering out of our misery? How many current conservative/swing voters watch or listen to any of its imbecilic outpourings, except for a giggle or to be coaxed into a frothing rage?

Posted by Habib on 2007 03 07 at 12:32 AM • permalink

71. Nerly? No it shouldn’t be gnarly, PIMF, Nearly.

Posted by Habib on 2007 03 07 at 12:34 AM • permalink

72. This punk is definitely up for the Jack Henry Abbot Award.  Someone call Norman Mailer…

Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 03 07 at 01:02 AM • permalink

73. #59 Habib - Thanks for the link to the Lebanese history outline.  Bridgitte Gabriel provides a harrowing personal angle to that history.

Posted by Brett_McS on 2007 03 07 at 01:13 AM • permalink

74. Lebanese Christians built just about every major building in my town prior to WW2. Lebanese Muslims have contributed nothing but some petty drug dealing. It is something has has been repeated worldwide

Posted by Contrail on 2007 03 07 at 01:31 AM • permalink

75. I’d like to rid Australia of all Lebanese Christians too. You’re a bloody Australian whose relatives happened to come from a stinking shithole. You’re lucky enough to live here now. If you want to call yourself a Lebanese whatever… then take a holiday involving sex and travel you fucking ingrates. Same applies to anyone who identiifies themselves with any other foreign or religious prefix.

Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 03 07 at 01:45 AM • permalink

76. #66 IT, don’t forget the Puppets !

Posted by Nic on 2007 03 07 at 01:55 AM • permalink

77. None of the Maronites I’ve ever had dealings with have regarded themselves as Lebanese- they’ve all seen themselves as Australian; a couple I worked with were real piss artists as well, and liked a punt.

They’ve tended to be less insular than other ethnicities, such as the Greeks and Italians.

(One feature that is less favourable is the fact that many older Maronites are fluent in Frog).

Posted by Habib on 2007 03 07 at 01:55 AM • permalink

78. Whenever Lebanese Muslims are in the news it is always something evil or totally dumb.  They really are the shit on the shoe of Australian society.

Posted by Howzat on 2007 03 07 at 02:30 AM • permalink

79. Prayers for the Garuda jetliner passengers.

:;’‘; ‘;’; ;’; ‘;’; ‘; ;’;; ‘;’‘;  ;’

sparkle drops

Posted by 1.618 on 2007 03 07 at 02:50 AM • permalink

80. #69 Bonmot

The ABC is very nearly out of control.

IMHO the ABC has been rigidly controlled by the News/Current Affairs staff for decades.

Posted by Skeeter on 2007 03 07 at 03:09 AM • permalink

81. null

by Islamic reuters.

Posted by 1.618 on 2007 03 07 at 03:27 AM • permalink

82. KEYSAR TRAD PRESS CONFERENCE

Good morning adulteresses and gentlemen. Welcome to this press conference where I am able to report a very happy and exciting development. Ohh, excuse me,  *turns back and zips up fly*....there, right to go.

I am very pleased to announce, that the Labor state government here in NSW has, via it’s Department of Multicultural and Capitulatory Affairs, granted $5,000,000 annually to the Lebanese Muslim Association.

This will allow us to stage our regular
    “Eid Al Achmar-Sachood” or as we are obliged to call it openly,  Festival of the running catmeat”, on a more formal basis than in the past.

This is a very exciting, vibrant, colourful, cultural tradition, that will now become firmly fixed in Australia’s social calender.

The festival usually lasts 30 days and nights, commencing on a day selected by the Mufti of Australia, who remains nameless at this point in time. Basically, the Mufti issues a Fatwa, concerning the start date, in secret to all Muslim males. That creates a suprising start for the adulteresses let me tell ya!

The festival then works to a thrilling crescendo where totals are compared and winners of various categories declared. Of course we encourage team entries, where streets can compete and against streets for example. I know that certain youth groups are interested in entering as gangs.

We are hoping to attract various great Australian’s to present the prizes at the closing ceremony, maybe Paul Keating or Al Grassby’s corpse. Both would be equally as exciting I’m sure you’ll agree.

So much for the planning, except to say that I can confirm that the various trophies will be named to celebrate well known Muslims such as M1 and M2. Look! I’ve got goosebumps just mentioning those boys!

Anyhow, thanks for coming today, and remember…..“If you catch them, then Allah willed it!”

Posted by Penguin on 2007 03 07 at 05:13 AM • permalink

83. Why call the multicult ideas of “cultural diversity” amoral?  It’s as immoral and evil a concept as anything that’s come down the pike.  Amorality is for creatures who have no choice about their actions, because where there is no choice, there can be no question of morality.  These creatures are capable of reason and choice, and the fact that they eschew reason and choose force makes them immoral and evil.  Those who make excuses for them are not being merely amoral, they are choosing to put themselves on the side of evil.

Posted by saltydog on 2007 03 07 at 05:32 AM • permalink

84. You’ve inspired me Penguin.

Hello and welcome to the ABC’s new show Culture wars. I’m your presenter Helen Akapopoulos- Tjapilja.

Joining me is author Damian Mc Donald who has written the Award winning novel, Luck in The Greater West.

Good evening Damian
    Pleased to be here Helen

Damian, let me start by saying what an apt topic for a book, the destruction of a community’s reputation by vexatious bogans.

Yes, Helen, I firmly believe that the youths in question are from marginalised societies. We heard from the so called victims though what do we know about these boys? I think they have a story to tell, one that will make us look at ourselves.

Hmmm, so you think that such acts against minorities is yet another example of life under a Howard Government?

Yes, these guys have a unique voice that represents a real diversity in values and cultures around us. Its about time we made an effort and reached out to these groups, they are misunderstood and suffering. Quite frankly, the failure of the Government to inject money into youth issues such as this is further example of the institutionalised racism that exists in our society.

Hmmm, yes, we need more cultural diversity, I just love kebabs don’t you?

Joining us now is a dissenting voice. We at Culture wars believe that a balanced view is important. It is also important that the views presented on our show represent as wide a variety of cultural experiences as possible, which is why I welcome our next guest, Mr. Keysar Trad…......

Posted by Nic on 2007 03 07 at 06:06 AM • permalink

85. Nic (#84) and Penguin (#82), beautifully done!

Geekese: ROFL!!

Can a *gasp* Walkely be far away?

Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2007 03 07 at 06:54 AM • permalink

86. #67 no way, dude - this guy is straight-up truthy, like Manning Clarke

Posted by hooligan on 2007 03 07 at 07:14 AM • permalink

87. It seems the Canadians have had enough.
    Immigrants wishing to live in the small Canadian town of Herouxville, Quebec, must not stone women to death in public, burn them alive or throw acid on them, according to an extraordinary set of rules released by the local council.

Posted by Angela Bell on 2007 03 07 at 07:31 AM • permalink

88. #36 “unique voice”?

Male gang rapes have been a feature of Australian life quite a few times - the only thing unique about these guys is their accent!

In Pakistan, of course, gang-rape is a method of compensation in the village.
    Ah, the simple life.

Posted by carpefraise on 2007 03 07 at 09:50 AM • permalink

Kneecaps, meet ax-handle.

No, no, you have it wrong. It’s ‘kneecaps, meet Black & Decker power drill’.

Posted by flying pigs over mecca on 2007 03 07 at 10:31 AM • permalink

90. #72:  This punk is definitely up for the Jack Henry Abbot Award.

From what I’ve read, and to the surprise of no one, Susan Sarandon named one of her children after Jack Henry.

Posted by Bruce Lagasse on 2007 03 07 at 03:19 PM • permalink

91. #83 (from dictionary.com)

a·mor·al   –adjective
    1. not involving questions of right or wrong; without moral quality; neither moral nor immoral.
    2. having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong: a completely amoral person.

Posted by kae on 2007 03 07 at 05:29 PM • permalink

92. American Heritage Dictionary:
    amoral:
    2. Lacking moral sensibility; not caring about right and wrong.

Posted by kae on 2007 03 07 at 05:30 PM • permalink

93. Also, to all of you who’d like to beat the shit out of McDonald, I really don’t see what that would accomplish.

Call it our unique voice making a contribution to multiculturalism.

Posted by R C Dean on 2007 03 08 at 11:29 AM • permalink