Kevin Rudd forgets a candidate’s name:
Kevin Rudd is in Launceston where he got the name of his candidate wrong, calling her Jodie Kingston rather than Jodie Campbell in an interview with the Across Australia program.
“I have had a bit of time to have a wander around with Jodie Kingston, our candidate,” he said.
Must’ve been thinking about Margo. Expect coverage equal to that which recently followed John Howard’s similar memory lapse, including:
• A piece on the ABC’s PM program;
• Another piece on ABC’s Lateline;
• Several hundred words from AAP (plus an Age audio link);
• The Age’s Michelle Grattan weighing in on Rudd’s “extraordinarily careless and costly slip” (plus an Age video link);
• A further slab of analysis from AAP (plus a Sydney Morning Herald audio link);
• Deep thoughts on the incident from the Sydney Morning Herald’s
chief political correspondent (plus a Sydney Morning Herald video link);
In other crucial news, John Howard yesterday tripped over then got up.